I have found a band that's as good as OPETH

I purchased one of their cds and listened to it over and over...they reminded me of Helmet, which is not necessarily a good thing. A couple of songs were good, but overall, I was disappointed.

yeah here comes the fucking wannabe opeth fan boys hahahah.
Katatonia is atleast as good or better then opeth.
Just listen to Dance of December Souls,Brave Murder Day or their sideproject October Tide witch is at some points even better then katatonia.

I'm glad that you found a band that gets you this excited! Hopefully a year or two down the road you'll still feel this way!

Opeth provides much more listening pleasures to me then Katatonia but there are good enough to keep getting some listens every once in a while.

Everyone, if you wanted me to pick between the two, no doubt I would pick OPETH, just that I found katatonia plays interesting music that keeps me interested that's all.

Katatonia confuse me. Songs with verses and choruses with predictable structures shouldn't be good. Somehow Katatonia manages though. Katatonia are probably my third favorite band behind Tool and Opeth.

Originally posted by Vile1011
Katatonia confuse me. Songs with verses and choruses with predictable structures shouldn't be good. Somehow Katatonia manages though. Katatonia are probably my third favorite band behind Tool and Opeth.

Sometimes, technicalilty and originality can be thrown out the window in favour of good, honest, black-heart pouring emotion. This is where Katatonia shine...well, they would shine if they weren't so black.

Katatonia has affected me emotionally probably more than Opeth ever will. But I really have to be in a certain state of mind to fully enjoy Katatonia, and this state of mind is not as frequent as my mood for Opeth. Also I have only been listening to Katatonia for about year and a half, so I havn't had as much time to delve into their releases.
But I would say that Katatonia is fucking incredible, and brilliant, but in a much more refined and hidden way.