I have got an idea.

Dammnare

Feb 16, 2008
Wouldnt it be cool if something like this happened : Opeth plays an entire Still Life album or My Arms Your Hearse,and while they are playing,the theatre version of what is told in songs is played by actors song by song.I think it would be pretty cool,if professional actors are used and decor is nice enough to illustrate the songs.What do you think ?

Nah... it'd be too much like a pop concert, and even if the actors were proffesional it'd still be too cheesey, plus it'd all distract you from watching Opeth themselves.

...well actually, it'd all just be pointless cus everyone would be too busy headbanging to stop and watch some acting...

Nah... it'd be too much like a pop concert, and even if the actors were proffesional it'd still be too cheesey, plus it'd all distract you from watching Opeth themselves.

...well actually, it'd all just be pointless cus everyone would be too busy headbanging to stop and watch some acting...

It doesnt have to be like a pop concert where males and females dance like they are having epilepsy i talk about serious acting with serious decor much like a movie.

Nah. What would be cool is if they projected some photographs/images that follow the story on a screen, like PT does. Could make for an atmospheric concert. Real actors wouldn't work, methinks.

Thats a good idea.I think if they do that concert should be very cool.

Nah. What would be cool is if they projected some photographs/images that follow the story on a screen, like PT does. Could make for an atmospheric concert. Real actors wouldn't work, methinks.

Yep, I think that would be a nice thing to do. I wonder why they have not done it yet(?). I think they like to keep their stage presence simple so that people focus on the music.

Animation and acting between the songs are both nice ideas.I hope Mikael reads this post.Watching Still Life/MAYH on a stage would be cool.

oh...u mean exactly like dream theater's Scenes from New York...? they played all of Scenes from a Memory, and had an actor onstage doing the dialogue...

other than that, very original idea.

oh...u mean exactly like dream theater's Scenes from New York...? they played all of Scenes from a Memory, and had an actor onstage doing the dialogue...

other than that, very original idea.

I havent heard of it before but this idea is in my mind for a long time,maybe since I read the lyrics/story of MYAH and SL.

DT also had an animated backdrop if I remember correctly, will have to check the DVD again. I did not like the whole acting thing with the dialogue and Labrie laying on a couch at the start. It felt rather cheesy and fake.

I've always been interested in the idea of Opeth releasing a film for MAYH or Still Life ala the wall..

It's something i really hope i can some day do myself.

yes, definetly.