I have passed my diploma!!! :)

It is fucking difficult, when I was a child I learned solfa, music theory or however it is said. I could sing basic pentagrams in real time while reading... Now, 25 years after, my brain has some seconds of latency and I sing it after processing... but very badly. I should change my brain interface or something.

Hahaha I hear ya, dude :) There is no masterplan for it..just training, training, training each day. After I had sightread some complete "Realbook of Jazz", I actually was able to read and recognize whole typical cliches, instead of single notes. If you got a good hearing (harmonywise) it´s pretty useful, as well. Then you "guess" some of this phrases easily.

Of course, the next question is how long will it take for you to forget all of that now that you passed the exam :D

Of course, the next question is how long will it take for you to forget all of that now that you passed the exam :D

I already did :D No seriously...the last 3 month in my life was training, training, training, additional to teaching 60 students. I need a break! I hate me for not being able to play and record a good solo for you Marcus (at the moment) but it´s simply not possible. My battery is empty :eek:

Herzlichen Glückwunsch und Hut ab Mann!

I wish I'd have done something like this instead of the unspectacular crap I forced myself to study.

Congratulations on your piece of paper.

I just graduated this month, and so far it's looking like I will never have a job in my field. Meh. McDonald's doesn't sound to bad right now.

Congratulations on your piece of paper.

I just graduated this month, and so far it's looking like I will never have a job in my field. Meh. McDonald's doesn't sound to bad right now.

Oh man, that sounded not good. I wish you the best, dude. Basically this piece of paper brings no salvation. In Germany the people are very keen for those papers though. For example my father is not interested how I play, he´s interested if I have a diploma to proof it. This is Idiocy!! :mad:

Big problem over here. You could have the best skills in the world and no one would recognize it if you have no papers to prove it. Very sad. On the other side I have to deal with so many useless idiots in my job... only thing they have is a diploma or degree. :puke:

Big problem over here. You could have the best skills in the world and no one would recognize it if you have no papers to prove it. Very sad. On the other side I have to deal with so many useless idiots in my job... only thing they have is a diploma or degree. :puke:

Yeah man, sad but true. In Germany a lot of things are going totally wrong, but if I´d expand this theme, it would be too much off topic :)

I know i'm late but thats awesome dude! Well done! It must have been hard, being tested like that and with those songs as well.
Today 11:44 AM

Thank you very much @muckypup. Yeah it was pretty hard, especially sightreading was difficult. I´m very glad, that I don´t have to learn it more a couple of hours each day. I hated it!

Congrats man.
Keep training, I think I told you that our guitarist has one of these as well - but nowadays he can`t play all that crazy shit anymore. He left his wife last week though, so maybe he`ll be back ;)