A concept album about Stephen King´s "The Dark Tower"

Haha, no problem Lasse (I thought your studio was in your house), and of course, thanks a ton for doing this! :headbang:

Hehe, yep, been expanding my collection bit by bit. I think my next bigger investment will be a new bookshelf, the old one is getting crowded. :)

To update you, my friends. I´m very excited about the third Machines & Madness song, I´m working on since nearly 2 month.

After this song is finished, I wanna start a facebook/myspace presence. I´m sure, I can find some creative people who may help me realizing it. I still don´t have a MACHINES & MADNESS logo. For artwork I have found someone who is willing to do it though.

Can´t fucking wait to show you the third song of the Dark Tower project! :) I´ll record vocals in the next days.

' Star Trek director J.J. Abrams and his producing partner, Damon Lindelof (Lost), told IGN.com that they have been working on a film adaptation of Stephen King's classic novel series The Dark Tower, according to a report on MTV.com.

"Damon Lindelof and I talked to Mr. King," Abrams told IGN. "We got the rights for [Dark Tower] as a film. Damon is obviously still on Lost, and we've been working on Star Trek together. As soon as Lost is done, hopefully we'll begin tackling that." '

http://scifiwire.com/2009/05/is-jj-abrams-eyeing-a-fil.php

Oh, for fuck's sake! :ill:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/stephen-kings-the-dark-tower-finally-headed-toward,40661/?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=feeds&utm_source=avclub_rss_daily

' You may recall that a few years ago, Lost heads J.J. Abrams, Carlton Cuse, and Damon Lindelof optioned the rights for a thematically significant $19, but in late 2009 each of them balked in turn at the idea of taking on something so complex —and beloved— so soon after wrapping their equally mythology-heavy show.

Now it appears that a creative team involving Ron Howard and Akiva Goldsman — who have previously worked together on The Da Vinci Code, Angels And Demons, Cinderella Man, and A Beautiful Mind — will be taking a run at it, with Howard once again directing from Goldsman’s script. It’s an understatement to say that Goldsman’s not exactly a favored candidate among genre fans; films like Lost In Space, I Am Legend, I Robot, Batman Forever, and Batman And Robin have pretty much secured his reputation as a painter who uses nothing but big, gloppy, broad strokes. On the other hand, Goldsman seems to be the sole driving force behind this deal when no one else even had the courage... '

http://www.deadline.com/2010/09/universal-lands-stephen-kings-the-dark-tower-and-plans-unprecedented-featurenetwork-tv-adaptation/#more-65742

' King granted an option—for $19, a number relevant to the plotline--to JJ Abrams and his Lost partners Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse. They never cracked the sprawling plotline and all the characters. Goldsman pounced when the rights were available, but saw the same problems until Howard suggested using film and TV platforms. Though Howard famously grew up on a TV screen on The Andy Griffith Show, he hasn’t directed TV since the early 80s, but is eager to return. It seems hard to fathom he'd direct a full season's worth of episodes, but that is the early plan, and who says they have to do 22 to create that bridge to the next film?

The plan is to start with the feature film, and then create a bridge to the second feature with a season of TV episodes. That means the feature cast—and the big star who’ll play Deschain—also has to appear in the TV series before returning to the second film. After that sequel is done, the TV series picks up again, this time focusing on Deschain as a young gunslinger. Those storylines will be informed by a prequel comic book series that King was heavily involved in plotting. The third film would pick up the mature Deshain as he completes his journey. They will benefit from being able to use the same sets cast and crew for the movie and TV, which could help contain costs on what will be a financially ambitious undertaking.
'

My thoughts:

1) Fuck, that's ballsy.

2) Fuck, so a second movie getting made depends not only on the first being a success but the interim TV series being a success as well...

3) ...and fuck, any namebrandy actors who may have been interested in a film or two but are too in-demand to commit to a TV series as well are out.