Stephen King´s "The Dark Tower" - The journey begins!

oh it wasn't the one in the first post! I'll give it a spin.

edit: I think the snare could use some work, it doesn't cut thru the acoustic guitars, otherwise really nice. Smooth like vodka.

Ahhhh sorry dude, I just deleted the old version..don´t wanna spread confusion :)

Thanks for your words!! Vodka..good keyword, I grant myself some, when I have finished the song :kickass:

Yeah I think, the western guitars still have too much dynamical range...but I don´t wanna kill the life out of the western guitars. Dilemma :erk:

I agree with everyone else, musically this is great! (I really dig that last solo ;))
The part when the heavy guitars come in and with you screaming is awesome!

As far as the mix go there is some room for improvement. There are people here far more qualified than me to help. I still think the vocals should be brought up a little more in some places and like ahjteam mentioned the snare needs some adjustment.

Really good job overall though, it's an honor to be playing a solo in this track.
If you need any solos for your next tracks just let me know.

I agree with everyone else, musically this is great! (I really dig that last solo ;))
The part when the heavy guitars come in and with you screaming is awesome!

As far as the mix go there is some room for improvement. There are people here far more qualified than me to help. I still think the vocals should be brought up a little more in some places and like ahjteam mentioned the snare needs some adjustment.

Really good job overall though, it's an honor to be playing a solo in this track.
If you need any solos for your next tracks just let me know.

Hahahaha yeah, the last solo is fucking awesome :headbang: I hope it´s embedded good enough for ya! It´s certainly true, the mix isn´t 100% perfect so far..(also found some intonation issues) Bean counting will begin after I have all elements available.

The next track is already in planning ;) This will be more aggressive and definitively more in your face!!!

Metal :headbang:

Everytime I listen to a song of yours I can't stop thinking about this:"God this guy has one of the best voices I ever heard " ;)
It's a warm, a really warm voice.

.....and in tune ( lol ;) )

Man, I´m flattered!!! This compliment is just going down like a cold beer :kickass: It means a lot to me, because I diggin´your stuff as well!

FELIX - THE TIME HAS COME.

Check your PM's :D

EDIT: And I forgot to mention it in the PM, but I tried to sync the song up to the click (170.5 BPM, you tricky bastard :lol: ) and thus the solo as well, so it *should* line up if you just use the grid! Also, here's an mp3 with it in context.

Hahahaha yeah...I FUCKIN´LOVE IT, DUDE!!! Great and smoooooth playing :) Your guitar sound is perfect and fits very good to the backingtrack. Both thumbs up for your solo contribution, Marcus. It´s an honour for me to play with such good guitarreros like you and Keregioz. Total fuckin´win, literally!

Thanks guys! :) And Felix, the honor was mine dude, but we better stop the flattery now or else we'll just keep going on forever :lol:

As a huge King/DT nerd, and fan of all around good music, just let me say this:

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

That is all.

Hey, awesome solo Marcus! Like Felix said sounds smooth and fluid.
Personally, I would have added a vibrato to the last note...but that's just me, I am a "vibrato" guy after all ;).

Thanks Kimon, and yeah, I hear ya on the last note - (hopefully) you can hear from some of the other notes in the solo that I loves some vibrato too, it's just that I struggled so much to get that bend in tune, I didn't wanna fuck with it at all once I did! :lol: (and it was a really tight bend as well, as I'm tuned to C-standard so it was pretty high up on the board).

That is a really smooth and tasty solo Marcus. Nice stuff. The only little thing I have about it is that last note, like Kimon said. ;) But I definitely understand your reasoning. :D

Haha, thanks dude, AND AT LEAST IT WAS IN TUNE GODAMMIT :lol: (my fingers are definitely recuperating today :D)

Thanks Mao :)D), that's really what I was going for! (it's such a dreamlike section of the song, especially with that lydian feel, so I really wanted to reflect that in my solo :))