I joined a glam band!

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
Hey hey!!!

I haven't been around much lately because I've been really busy with lots of things, for example I was putting together a hair metal tribute show playing guitar, also working on video clips etc...

Thought I'd let ya know though that last week I was fortunate to be offered a position to join Melbourne sleaze/glam ghouls The Deadthings as their new bass player!! They're probably the biggest glam band playing in Australia at the moment, and all great friends (and I've been involved with them doing video production and a bit of roadie stuff previously) so I'm stoked to actually be in the band now, especially since I was genuinely a fan of the band for a couple of years and have been at just about every show they've done and watched them progress from a 4-piece glam/punk/goth band in blood stained shirts into a Poison-esque Hollywood style 5-piece '80s sleaze band!

worthless.gif

KittyBeast: The Deadthings aren't a covers band, we're an originals band playing horror-themed glam. For example, picture Pretty Boy Floyd & Poison except the chicks they are singin' about are corpses or dead hookers haha! We do, however, throw covers of "Look What The Cat Dragged In" by Poison and "Down Boys" by Warrant into the setlist at live shows! Occasionally even "Is That You?" by KISS or "Livin' After Midnight" by Judas Priest gets thrown in as an encore!

The hair metal tribute show I've been putting together is called Ratt Poison, I play guitar in that one. That's a covers show and we play songs by Poison, Def Leppard, Ratt, Warrant, Motley Crue, non-makeup KISS, Alice Cooper, Slaughter, Whitesnake, Van Halen, Guns N Roses, Skid Row, Twisted Sister, Bon Jovi, Europe, Dokken and more. I've been pushing for a Vinnie Vincent Invasion song but the other guys reckon nobody in the audience will know it haha.

Ratt Poison...LMAO!
happy-snicker.gif
That's fuckin' funny! I love the bands you're covering in your cover band...all great stuff! I wish I could see you play but you're too far away! Wish you loads of luck with your new project.

Most astounding Trixxter. I hope it turns into a hairy monster :lol: And double congrats on the Dreadthings, dead chicks rules! ;)

Right on Trix!! I want to hear you guys, post some music as soon as you can... and I'm with Carnut, we want to see some pics!!!!!

Greeno said:
Right on Trix!! I want to hear you guys, post some music as soon as you can... and I'm with Carnut, we want to see some pics!!!!!

:headbang: Congrats, that sounds great ! And as said: Music and pics please
Have fun !

4/11 The Deadthings announce Trixxi Trash as new Bass player!!!!
[SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]
trixxi.jpg
[/SIZE]On a sad note we have to say goodbye to our great friend and bandmate Roy Reaper, but it is with great excitement that we announce our good friend and long time band affiliate Trixxi Trash will be stepping into the band to take up the Bass player position. Trixxi will work with Roy Reaper and the band over the next couple of weeks in preparing for the upcoming Sydney show at The Marquee on November 26th.[/SIZE]

:headbang:

Heheh thanks guys!! I can't wait to get a proper photo shoot done for The Deadthings in full costume & makeup & hair done and all, I'll be sure to post the pics it'll be exciting!!!

You can download a video clip from the site for a song on the new album called "Holly Would". Very '80s glam. I actually made the video clip for them before I joined the band funnily enough!

Here is a photo of my cover band Ratt Poison hehe. Obviously it's very over the top and kinda funny coz it's a tribute show so we wanna have fun with it and make it really entertaining! But it's all our real hair, no wigs! (Except for the drummer, 2nd on the right haha) I'm on the far left. How much does our lead singer (in the middle) look EXACTLY like a 1985-era Paul Stanley!!!!

RattPoison2.jpg

L-R: Trixxi Trash (Guitar), Robbi Rokkit (Bass), Al Stanley (Vocals), Spaz Stixxx (Drums), Alexxis Von Clerehexx (Guitar)

That rocks Trix !!! I hope you have worlds of success with your new band. BTW I am not big on Pouison AT ALL, but I love the song you are doing. That and "Every Rose" was about all the songs I cared for by them, so you picked a good one.

Bryant

Yeah Look What The Cat Dragged In is the anthem of that era & lifestyle of the 80s glam scene... and the treatment The Deadthings give it rocks!!!!

Trixxi Trash said:
Yeah Look What The Cat Dragged In is the anthem of that era & lifestyle of the 80s glam scene... and the treatment The Deadthings give it rocks!!!!

Cool !! I do dig that song. If I win the lottery, I'll come down under and check ya'll out !! That song can be rocked up pretty well.

Bryant