I just can't get over Heir Apparent's outro

Swifty1

Aug 16, 2006
It's just so perfect. In fact, the entire song is just amazing. :kickass:

I'm not sure why this warranted a new topic though, haha

yes! almost reminds me of the change in direction demon of the fall takes. heir apparent is definetly a fantastic song.

Best moment in "Heir Apparent" is [6:40-7:13]. Whole song is brilliant, one of Opeth's best, but that moments pulls me out. It's something hyper-blasting.

you're absolutely right dude!
makes me really depressed every time..how beautiful..how painful...

rifffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! opeth!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 i love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

i cut and paste this post from the heir apparent topic:

mmh
I like the song very very much but i think that the outro it's totally disconnected from the song, seriously when i listen it it makes me angry...like that i want to punch someone in the face.
The outro is a good idea as always, i love the melodic line, but damn, it's totally disconnect from the song. When i listen to this song i skip the outro everytime :| I know that akerfledt is a genial composer.... so i know that there must be a reason, a connection to the song in some ways, but really i dont know how...maybe i should ask him..
does someone think the same as me? :err: :( maybe not..

---

i cut and paste this post from the heir apparent topic:

mmh
I like the song very very much but i think that the outro it's totally disconnected from the song, seriously when i listen it it makes me angry...like that i want to punch someone in the face.
The outro is a good idea as always, i love the melodic line, but damn, it's totally disconnect from the song. When i listen to this song i skip the outro everytime :| I know that akerfledt is a genial composer.... so i know that there must be a reason, a connection to the song in some ways, but really i dont know how...maybe i should ask him..
does someone think the same as me? :err: :( maybe not..

---

Don't feel alone dude. I fell the same here. Actually, for me the song is pretty good up to the guitar solo. Hessian Pell suffers from the same thing, I mean, not very well constructed. Anyway, the riff outro is amazing.

have I missed something or are you discussing songs that haven't been officially released yet??!! i.e Burden and Hessian Peel?

Mhm, I agree with what you said about the outro being 'disconnected'. Heir Apparent is fucking ace and in some respect that outro is my favourite part of the song because it's a style I love but I'm sure there's a reason for it being there. I don't believe that Mike has just meshed things together, as with other endings on the album (ie PH and others) but I'm not sure what it all means just yet. It's like the disjointedness of the outro on BTPISIO (wchih I love just as much)

To me it's another Opethian direction and frankly has made me wonder if the music is something that we get used to, that grows on us, that we learn to love as opposed to finding new things embedded within the music that makes us love it all that much more...