I just listened to MCR for the first time

ahjteam

Anssi Tenhunen
Since I don't follow any push&shove mainstream medias (meaning tv, radio, magazines etc), I listened to My Chemical Romance for the first time, from Spotify. If excluding the really whiny sounding vocalist, I actually thought it sounded actually quite good. "Welcome to the Black Parade" somehow gave me a mental affiliation to Queen for some reason.

well, if you can listen to the music without paying attention to the vocalist, they probably are okay. But personally, I rather like to spend my time on good music rather than shitty or just "okay"....

yeah musically they arent bad and i dont actually mind the vocals - he has a lot of character in his voice and way more expression than a lot of vocalists. dumb lyrics something though IMO.

production on the most recent is top notch and is a good enough reason alone to check them out.

i found on the last album i liked about half the songs (seemed to be like every other song almost).

Thank You For The Venom is ok. I really think the whiny vocalist takes the band from "ok" to "awful" though i my opinion. The whole attitude of the band annoys me to be honest. When they first came out they called themselves "goth punk" because they wear make up (they were clearly punk/pop/emo). Then they went on the whole Black Parade thing and really pushed the Queen influence. Last song I heard from them basically sounded like the Sex Pistols. Seems like they're moving from genre to genre to try and gain credibility.

As far as the "Queen" reference goes. The lead guitarist wants to be Brian May. Big curly hair and he's basically completely copied his melodic style of playing. Actually quite annoys me as it's pretty shameless imo.

There is Black Parade, Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge, I Brought You My Bullets You Brought Me Your Love and various live records on Spotify. I listened to Black Parade and the "i brought..." and I liked them both, but didn't like the three cheers so much.

Wow. I dig every song on Three Cheers, but find Black Parade and I Brought pretty dreadfully boring. :erk:

I don't mind some of the songs they have done but the vocals always destroy them! I can't stand that whining bitch's voice, its disgusting.