I love death metal

I fucking love that no one ever replies to my posts on here. Maybe I should get the hint already, eh?!? Heh.

I'm listening to the new Seance and I think it is decent on first listen. It might help that I am close to drunk, but there are definitely some classic Seance-esque moments.

its not a bad album. Sounds more modern, but i actually like it. i had the the riff of the first track stuck in my head when i first listened to it.. so its pretty memorable i guess.

have you heard Excoriate- On Pestilent Winds... ? Its probably the best DM album to come out this year.

Seance is fucking brilliant! The new one is killer. Really catchy shit.

...I'm easily impressed though. I like Resurrection Macabre alot too.

I love that all of these old bands are coming back lately with totally new experiences.

i still cant get into the first two seance albums.

new napalm death is ace.

The Chasm is still the best current DM on the planet.

I was an ND fan from Scum - Harmony Corruption. I thought Utopia Banished was mediocre. I stopped paying attention to them at that point until I heard a track from SC about a year ago which, to be honest, I thought came out after Enemy...which illustrates how much attention I've paid to them over the past decade +. I believe I need to do a little catching up.

i dont think its as good as smear campaign, but its solid. enemy of the music biz will always hold a special place and be my fave

incantation is awesome. why i never listened to them before recently is beyond me.

Reformed Dutch death metal outfit ASPHYX — Martin van Drunen (vocals), Wannes Gubbels (bass/vocals), Paul Baayens (guitar) and Bob Bagchus (drums) — has finished mixing/mastering its comeback album, "Death...The Brutal Way", for a summer release via Century Media Records.

* "Death...The Brutal Way"
* "Cape Horn"
* "Der Eisenbahnmörser"
* "Scorbutics"
* "Riflegun Redeemer"
* "Black Hole Storm"
* "Asphyx II"
* "(They Died As They Marched)"

The mix/mastering is done! The mix cracked the skull and the brain of mixmaster Dan Swanö. He gave the new album a hell of a sound as he never did before.

Also the frontcover and layout are finished. Hope to reveal some details about that very soon! Finally, a dark, doomy and intense new album called Death...The Brutal Way is bound to be released upon mankind within 3 months !

:kickass:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=145016

INCANTATION Announces 'Onward To Golgotha' Hall Of Fame Shows - Aug. 24, 2010

Veteran U.S. death metal act INCANTATION has announced a handful of special shows where it will perform its classic debut album, "Onward To Golgotha", in its entirety. The "Onward To Golgotha" dates are presented by Decibel magazine, which inducted the album into the publication's "Hall Of Fame" in issue #52 (February 2009).

Originally released in 1991, "Onward To Golgotha" redefined the bounds of brutality and blasphemy for death metal and has long been heralded as one of the heaviest and most uncompromising metal albums in the world. Decibel also named "Onward…" one of the 20 best death metal albums of all time as well as one of the most important records in the genre.

Relapse Records will release a limited "Hall of Fame" edition vinyl version of "Onward To Golgotha" to coincide with these dates. The deluxe edition will be strictly limited to one pressing of 1,000 copies on colored vinyl and include an embroidered INCANTATION "Onward To Golgotha" patch and sticker. Additional release information will be posted via Relapse.com shortly.

INCANTATION "Onward To Golgotha" "Hall of Fame" shows with FUNERUS, FATALIST:

Nov. 19 - Chicago, IL - Reggie's Rock Club
Nov. 20 - New York, NY - Rebel (w/ MORTICIAN)
Nov. 21 - Cleveland, OH - Peabody's

it's stupid that metal apparently is LIVING IN THE FUCKING PAST so badly that the general consensus nowadays is that the right thing to do is release old albums in shining golden "DEFINITIVE HISTORIC HALL OF FAME VERSION" editions and watch old bands perform their old albums in their entirety with a nostalgic tear in their eye

Keep in mind Craig won't be doing vocals.. still interesting but...

He's keeping busy with DISMA anyways I'd imagine.

I didin't even pay attention to the whole article Erik, so I missed that... ah well. I agree with you, but until people refuse to stop buying that shit, it'll continue to be released.

i mean, by all means, have fun at the concert, i sure had fun when iron maiden played their 1980-1986 set, but you know... folks should stop livin' in the fuxxking past and try to do something worthwhile instead and all that