I need a new guitar. Suggestions ?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
before i give a recomondation,
what is your budget,
Because if you want a killer axe with a standard tremolo(all my guitars have Floyds,and I know what a PITA they can be if I break a string-er....I end up bringing it into a shop to be set up,because you break a string with a Floyd,
90% of the time it will need a setup anyways,not to mention the tuning gets out of whack)
go PRS(locking Sperzals tuners,standard type Tremolo,ect)

MetalRose said:
Fender is like Metallica. Just because the name is popular and well known, everyone assumes they are good.

-Metal

What would you suggest? Come on! Give it up so we can pick apart your advice. :D

MetalRose said:
I just said I hate fenders. I'd say go with a Jackson or BC Rich. Nothing sexier than a man and his Beast.

-Metal

BC riches are pieces of shit. Depends on what Fenders are we talking about, alot of the mexican strats suck ofcourse, but if you put some seymor duncan hot rails in them then you have a bad ass guitar. Not to mention the great vintage strats.

MetalRose said:
I just said I hate fenders. I'd say go with a Jackson or BC Rich. Nothing sexier than a man and his Beast.

-Metal

Oh! So it's a looks versus quality thing then. That's so MTV. :D

Well my budget right now (Christmas time) is about $5.00. However, I am just asking for future purposes. I do love the look of Flying V's, especially classic Gibson ones as Krunt pointed out. Wolf does indeed play one on stage (as Darg pointed out) but they are extremely uncomfortable to practice with when you want to sit down and play.
I do like PRS guitars, but they are a littler pricey. The guitarist, David, from a local band I was friends with had a PRS with a single cutaway (simlar to an LP really) and stock bridge that was sweet, but it was a pretty pricey piece.
As far as Fenders..... I like some of them, but few of them say "Straotocaster" on them. I like humbuckers. The pickup design is the biggest flaw. Strats are very comfortable to play, but lack the tonality that fits my style, mostly due to the single coil pickups. I also don't care for the "stackbuckers" sound so that isn't an option.
I might actually go for a used SG, or one of the midline ESPs. I think someone mentioned a guitaer with an LTD on the headstock... that is probably the import ESP guitar. I have been thinking about one that favors an SG quite a bit, the ESP LTD Viper 1000. It's pretty wicked looking.
viper1000_stblk.jpg

Oh and MetalRose.... I do agree with you about the Strats (not all Fenders though) but I wouldn't be caught dead with most of those BC Rich guitars. They look like big spiders. Not that I am scared of spiders, but I don't want my guitar to look like one. The Mockingbird looks nice, but that would be the only model I would be interested in.
I'm not brand loyal, but I do own an Ibanez and a Peavey Vandenberg I will never part with, so of course I will keep my eyes peeled for Peavey and Ibanez guitars as well. Anyone have one of those white SGs like Buck Dharma of BOC plays ? I'll give ya my five bucks for that one. >:p~

Bryant

Wheezer said:
Oh! So it's a looks versus quality thing then. That's so MTV. :D

Not really. In all honesty, I have never found a fender that sounded "right". Alright, I lied ONCE I tried out a 1964 12-string Fender that sounded amazing. But that was the only one.

I like the way BC rich sounds, and I like the look of the beast.

I spaced on Ibanez, those are great guitars as well. LTD's are cheap, but sound good for the price.

-Metal

MetalRose said:
Not really. In all honesty, I have never found a fender that sounded "right". Alright, I lied ONCE I tried out a 1964 12-string Fender that sounded amazing. But that was the only one.

I like the way BC rich sounds, and I like the look of the beast.

I spaced on Ibanez, those are great guitars as well. LTD's are cheap, but sound good for the price.

-Metal

Cool! I was just teasin' a little bit.

You can never go wrong with a Les Paul or any Gibson for that matter. PRS are fantastic. They feel great, you can get a wide range of sounds out of them but like you said they are pricey.
But when it comes down to it, Guitars are a personal matter. Walk into every store you can and try out everything you see. GO with what you are comfortable with. It's just that easy:D

I own a ESP LTD F-250 and love it. High end features on a mid priced guitar. Here's a pic. Looks as good as it plays.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=guitar/content/cpd=0OEY?base_pid=516663&index=2
ESP LTD F-250 Electric Guitar Features:

* Neck-thru construction
* 3-piece maple neck
* 2 EMG HZ H-4 humbuckers
* Floyd Rose-licensed tremolo
* All-black hardware
* Agathis body
* Rosewood fretboard
* Arrowhead fingerboard inlays
* Extra-jumbo frets
:headbang: :OMG:

The guitar i use right now is my bc rich virgin, i really didnt like it after i bought it a first, but i slaped a dimebucker on the bridge and a distortion on the neck and it made a world of difference

I am going to buy and jackson or a gibson v next though. But i am saving up of a marshall amp first though lol.