I need help to get close to this guitar sound...

Good Amp, not too much gain, 1-2 Mics.. i prefer SM57 and/or Sennheiser E609, some EQ, some Noise Gate and most important: Clean playing.

I dont know if he does it, but you can create a sound like that with this method.

Towards the end of the video with lead channel this sound actually kind of reminds me little bit of gp-1000.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah probably some of the same cicuits as GP-1000, but a modded GP or GPSP sound better. Dimarzio is the best metal mics hands down, but only since Jackson isn't makeing the 80's mics anymore. Some of Dimarzio's pickups kind of got some of the JE-1000 frequencies built inside the mic. Hate EMGs, but they got the good thing that theu sound good in lesser guitars (always souding the same no matter what).
If you only pactice at home and have no money. Then this ibanez amp or flextone is very good for Bodom. If you have more cash and dont mind a 2x12 laying around buy the GP SP-1000 clone with a built in bedroom volume switch on the back for home playing.

I'm a university student at the moment, living on my own, so I don't have excessive money lying around too much. I got axe-fx on my ''real home'', but I would need something good sounding for my own apartment. If I get some nice job for next summer I might be able to buy that gp-1000 clone, but we will see.

Concerning of pickups, I got DiMarzio PAF Pro on my Ibanez PGM 301. They have nice middle spike and very bright and clear sound in them.

PAF pro's are great for Paul Gilbert stuff, but for bodom I think they are too clear and to high-mid based. Good pickups none the less, but I'd look for some more modern for metal.
I got so much gear laying around, and I mainly use my Kemper (used to use my POD X3) in the winter due to the shitty cold weather and my rehersal space having only like 10-15C....

I have actually Dimarzio's Steve's special lying around. Wanted to try something different. Still haven't got myself to solder that thing yet ;) I have heard some good things about Dimarzio's D sonic too.