I need some more pagan bands!

rms

Dec 14, 2006
Buffalo, New York
So yah after grabbing Gernot and Thrud's albums, i've been dry on finding some good shit..anyone got some worthy recommendations!?

best thing to do is go to Metal Archives and look up the pagan / folk / viking list and just just start listening to samples through links.....

I recommend...

Hordak
Vokolak
Krynitza
Svartsby
Izmoroz
Arkona
Alkonost

there are so many...

Izmoroz is grand. I grabbed Na Zakate Bagrovom off of Dark Symphonies for 8$ after seeing "Side project of Ashen Light members"... was one of my better pretty much blind buys.

Gotta start doing blinds more often, much better of a feeling when they actually pay off.

Anyway, to continue the listing:

XIV Dark Centuries
(Later) Graveland
Obtest (I now wish I would have paid more attention to their set at HC2)
Manegarm
Aes Dana

Thanks so far, know a few like XIV/Nastrandier/Slavland/Arkona/Hordak/Obtest(didnt care for vox) and ofc Manegarm :lol:

Hells yeah
IMGP0075.jpg

Still kicking myself for missing their set.:cry:

They have a new album coming out and just signed with Osmose and could probably use more exposure. Obtest for Heathen Crusade III!:lol:

One of the things that I loved about HC2, is that pretty much every band, with the exception of Earthen, was way fun live, regardless of how I felt about their albums. I'm not a huge fan of Obtest's albums, though I do enjoy them from time to time, but they were awesome. Same goes for Skyforger, I like their albums, but none of them ever became one of my favorites. They played my second favorite set of the fest.

not a fan of Earthen but what happened that someone would want to pound the singer? were they that dull live?

Not pound as in assault, but pound as in "batter".

This thread really changed from it's initial purpose. It makes me feel sorrow and bereavement.

Brian, check the Royal Carnage Recommendation forum for my Pagan reco of the week. :heh: