I played Nevermore for my religion class today

mReEtTaIlRsEkD

New Metal Member
Oct 4, 2002
IN MEMORY

They looked at me like I was a chainsaw murderer or something.I don't think they have heard a song four minutes long, much less 7 minutes.Needless to say, they clapped after the song.NOW, that could be because the liked it :lol:, it was finally over or that our presentation was over.

The other guy in my group who wanted our lady peace is STILL bitching saying "oh, nevermore is stupid, they suck, we should re-do the presentation".What a shithead.Hes a foreigner so I let him go with his assinine comments.

Didn't get to playing MATRICIDE, I don't know why.

Yes, the ignorance that resides in most youths today is saddening.School mates ask me questions all the time "so, you are a rocker", "you like korn".When they hear about the music I listen to they say "where do you find this stuff" or how.

Actually WHILE the song was playing, the guy who wanted OLP was saying "this is so stupid", "you can't even understand what hes saying" or he just nodded his head.

hes a mexican, and I wouldnt really consider him a friend.Hes been bothering me for weeks asking what music I listen to.Repeatedly I told him he would not get, and he said "yes,yes, I like rock music".Alas, he insulted it when he did listen to it.

ignorant cunts like that make me so mad. i mean, for one thing you can hear what warrel is saying perfectly even with the most busy musical parts behind it and most distorted vocals. and theres no band where you can't HEAR the vocals, unless there aren't vocals! yes there are lots of bands that you can't UNDERSTAND the vocals(which absolutely DOES NOT include Nevermre), but not even hearing them.....then you are just lying. these people need to pull their fucking heads out of their asses. if yo udon't want to understand it you won't. even in some heavier music with more brutal vox, you can understand what is being said if you just LISTEN, which is something these people never do.they just shouldn't talk if they don't have the slihgtest clue what they are talking about. they should not claim to understand how somethinG DOESN'T work that ACTUALLY does work when all they want is for everyone to know that it doens't. all in all, if you don't want to understand vox and you don't want to see beauty in music because its not cool to like metal, you will NEVER EVER see what we see in it. everyone should just "SIT THE FUCK DOWN, SHUT THE FUCK UP!"<-------Henry Rollins man! Yah!

Originally posted by Ecstatic Youth
ignorant cunts like that make me so mad. i mean, for one thing you can hear what warrel is saying perfectly even with the most busy musical parts behind it and most distorted vocals. and theres no band where you can't HEAR the vocals, unless there aren't vocals! yes there are lots of bands that you can't UNDERSTAND the vocals(which absolutely DOES NOT include Nevermre), but not even hearing them.....then you are just lying. these people need to pull their fucking heads out of their asses. if yo udon't want to understand it you won't. even in some heavier music with more brutal vox, you can understand what is being said if you just LISTEN, which is something these people never do.they just shouldn't talk if they don't have the slihgtest clue what they are talking about. they should not claim to understand how somethinG DOESN'T work that ACTUALLY does work when all they want is for everyone to know that it doens't. all in all, if you don't want to understand vox and you don't want to see beauty in music because its not cool to like metal, you will NEVER EVER see what we see in it. everyone should just "SIT THE FUCK DOWN, SHUT THE FUCK UP!"<-------Henry Rollins man! Yah!

I agree.:headbang:

Originally posted by FFfan1
Just out of curiosity, what was your presentation about?

there is a thread entitled "I think im gonna play nevermore for religion class", or something along those lines, first or second page, by me.

I wouldve chosen a heavy song, but it wouldve needed to relate to the principle, so I could explain it.IM hit the mark PERFECTLY.