I really cant understand...

XxNecroNegroxX

I'm black....no, really
Sep 10, 2004
Houston, Texas
...why some people think that Vintersorg's voice is not good! It sickens me to think that some people have no sort of musical composure and intellect to listen and acknowledge some of the most complex anc creative vocal lines and harmonies period. I dont know about everyone else, but I see it as my civic duty to spread the music of Vintersorg...especially in the caribbean country of Belize where I happen to live. Now I know that just by mere culture and society in general, it would be a very hard concept to grasp for everyone. But the thing that gets to me is when they downright put Mr. V's music down and dont even give it a chance. That really makes me want to crack some skulls in his honor!! That is why I can appreciate all of you on this forum. You all are possibly the only ones who seem to understand that feeling that Vintersorgs music gets across whenever you listen to it. Sorry about the rant but peoples ignorance can get to me sometimes.

I know what you mean. I have read a couple of reviews (quite a few actually) where the world's most amazing voice is being :puke:. I also have friends who says that the man can't sing at all - honestly!
But I don't feel the same way as you say. I actually feel great that I personally know how I feel about his voice and I really couldn't care less about other people's opinions about the subject. I love the fact that the band Vintersorg are where they are right now - not in the mainstream ether, but neither underground. Suites me fine as long as I know what I listen to (and love) myself... :)

I can understand some of those who don't like mr V's voice when he growls...i like it but there are better growlers out there. His clean vocals are amazing.
I can also understand people who don't like Vintersorg's music overall...probably because the cosmic folk black metal thing he has going doesn't speak to them...I personally do the same with bands under genres that I don't like.it's my prerogative considering the wide variety of genres I listen to...
for me personally Vintersorg is in my top 5 favorite metal bands
and I happen not to like Borknagar's latest album "Origin"...I'm almost sorry I bought it...i keep it because it completes my borknagar collection

I actually feel great that I personally know how I feel about his voice and I really couldn't care less about other people's opinions about the subject. I love the fact that the band Vintersorg are where they are right now - not in the mainstream ether, but neither underground. Suites me fine as long as I know what I listen to (and love) myself... :)

I'm totally agree with you. I don't care about other people who think Andreas is a bad or "non-so-great" vocalist.

About the no-mainstream, no-underground status, THAT happens in only in Europe appearly, cause here in south america still being underground (well, that fact is changing a little since Mr V joined Borknagar, but still being underground).

Hey, Necro, I can understand how you feel... here in Valparaíso (my home town) just a few guys knows Vintersorg and his bands and some guys said crap to Mr V cause his grim voice is not the best of the scene, but always I ask : tell me 1 guy who sings better than Mr V with grim and clean voice: the answer is always a long silence... some guys says Simen or Garm, but the often answer is the long silence.

Necro, keep enjoying the Mr V's music and keep spreading the voice... the guys who don't like Vintersorg... them had lost at least the half part of their lives.

I know what you mean. I have read a couple of reviews (quite a few actually) where the world's most amazing voice is being :puke:. I also have friends who says that the man can't sing at all - honestly!
But I don't feel the same way as you say. I actually feel great that I personally know how I feel about his voice and I really couldn't care less about other people's opinions about the subject. I love the fact that the band Vintersorg are where they are right now - not in the mainstream ether, but neither underground. Suites me fine as long as I know what I listen to (and love) myself... :)

I wish that I could say the same for myself. I am normally like that but I take Vintersorg's music to a personal level, and thats when I get annoyed when obviously ignorant assholes put down the music. I can understand that some people will simply not be into the nature of the music; but when its ridiculed and mocked, thats when I get pissed.

I'm totally agree with you. I don't care about other people who think Andreas is a bad or "non-so-great" vocalist.

About the no-mainstream, no-underground status, THAT happens in only in Europe appearly, cause here in south america still being underground (well, that fact is changing a little since Mr V joined Borknagar, but still being underground).

Hey, Necro, I can understand how you feel... here in Valparaíso (my home town) just a few guys knows Vintersorg and his bands and some guys said crap to Mr V cause his grim voice is not the best of the scene, but always I ask : tell me 1 guy who sings better than Mr V with grim and clean voice: the answer is always a long silence... some guys says Simen or Garm, but the often answer is the long silence.

Necro, keep enjoying the Mr V's music and keep spreading the voice... the guys who don't like Vintersorg... them had lost at least the half part of their lives.

I very much appreciate your words. Thank you for the support!

Most the time I think a lot of the reason people don't like Vintersorgs singing is because they don't like his music...now I know this may sound stupid, but in my opinon it's true.

Like some people see his music a bit alien then to what they're used to, and because of that they'll probably feel uncomfortable with his vocals and music, and just say they're rubbish or whatever.

I think the best way to get people used to him and his style of playing/singing is to give them a record like "Fission - Crater", because it has a more mainstream sound to it. But it still provids the listener with a little twist of Mr V in there!! I think slowly bringing them in is a lot easier and would make them appreciate him and his works better.

Plus not enough people listen to Fission and they're awesome! :lol:

I can understand some of those who don't like mr V's voice when he growls...i like it but there are better growlers out there. His clean vocals are amazing.
I can also understand people who don't like Vintersorg's music overall...probably because the cosmic folk black metal thing he has going doesn't speak to them...I personally do the same with bands under genres that I don't like.it's my prerogative considering the wide variety of genres I listen to...
for me personally Vintersorg is in my top 5 favorite metal bands
and I happen not to like Borknagar's latest album "Origin"...I'm almost sorry I bought it...i keep it because it completes my borknagar collection

I feel exactly the same about that record. There isn't one thing I like about it, apart from the cover :/

I liked Origin.. But as far as his vocals go, I wouldn't say he's the best metal vocalist, but of course I think he's pretty much great, I wouldn' be a fan if I didn't, but I prefer his growling to his clean singing just a little.;)

i prefer his older and deeper voice, i think it suits more to his type of voice and his tone-colour (maybe the one i like most is on cosmic genesis, not too deep and not too high)
now it seems that he tries to reach notes too high for his natural timbre, so his voice comes out a little bit forced and weaker than before (i'm speaking mostly of origin and the last 2 vintersorg album)
anyway i like both is clean and growl voice...:headbang:
i think he has one of the most beautiful clean voice ever, not for extension or tecnic (there are a lot of better singers of course) but for colour and for the kind and the intensity of feelings he is able to transmit...he gives me always shudders every fucking time i listen to him :worship:

I think Vintersorg is amazing when he does harsh vocals. Clean singing...not so much. He's ok, but nothing special. I wish he'd do an album with no or very little clean singing to be honest.

Welcome to the Black Parade is one of the most intelligently made songs ever. Do not underestimate the business talent of MCR.
It has enough of a dark vibe, to catch the kids who want to be different, it's hard enough so that the rebellious kids' parents won't like it, it's still soft enough that the little kids and the tv stations are gonna play it. The song is composed in a way that makes it sound untratdiotional, but still predictable enought that it's easy to sing along to.
It's the commercial masterpiece of this millenium's first decade.

I'm telling you, the wide appeal is great that I kinda like it too. :)

Mr V is the best musician / vocalist in teh whole world! that's my opinion... I can't understand too, when other guys say, that his voice sucks or sth like this.
but each guy got his own music taste (? :D) and some like it some not.... I'm at the side of them, who like his voice very much :}:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: