Lyric translations?

Belial

Rainbow Demon
Nov 18, 2001
Shoikan Grove
jason.storiesfrom.us
Anyone know where I can get translations for Vintersorgs lyrics? I love the music and everything, but it bothers me that I can't understand what they're saying.

...If not, then is Swedish a hard language to learn? :lol:

hi there!

if you browse the forum you'll find a thread from fjelltussa, where she translates some of the lyrics. also try the homepage www.vintersorg.com there are also some translations.
as for learning swedish: we have at least the atvantage of speaking a germanic language(you english, me german) as our mothertongue. this helps a bit. i've learned some norwegian to which swedish and danish(at least when you read it:) ) are very similar.
as an english speaker you will have the most problems with the pronounciation, especially with the "umlaute" ö, ä, u and with the letter å.
swedish grammar isn't hard to learn, compared to german it's, like english, quite easy. (no pun intented :D )

i still owe a translation of an interview in portuguese :s
i haven't worked too much on it 'cause it says nothing new... shame on my laziness, anyway :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Belial
Anyone know where I can get translations for Vintersorgs lyrics? I love the music and everything, but it bothers me that I can't understand what they're saying.

...If not, then is Swedish a hard language to learn? :lol:

Face it, you all have to learn swedish! :lol: :p

well I'm pretending that too Lutz....
it's just a new thought on my mind, but well I'll try it!
my parents would like me to learn German but for one time I'll learn something I like!!!! (well learning English was something I can't thank enough though!!!)

my mum wants me to learn Italian and japanese .... what a peculiar mummy!! what will i need japanese for??
hmm my first priorities are spanish and icelandic...

fatherVic@ you can practice your swedish with me (not that my swedish rules,but anyway...) ....on payment of course :p

mmmnnhhh how great having all these ppl to try....I haven't started so I won't need it for now though....

@mel...Spanish???? uhmmmmmmm well I hapen to be in Spain....soooooo I won't charge you if you don't charge me!!!
net classes rulzzzz :D

i haven't started spanish either....unfortunately i can't do so until summer...I have much to do until then,german exams and even we will have to design a stupid experiment for a class in the next semester...i simply hate it :mad:

but oh well,Deal!!! it will be cool =)

He, you learn german in greece? wie gut bist du denn schon?:)
well, i'm really interested in learning languages, but greek wasn't yet one of them!
however, in school we could choose to have education in ancient greek, but i never took it back then. latin was hard enough, when you're 15 learning ancient languages isn't among your favorite hobbys!:D

I might attempt to learn Swedish. I was traumatised from learning languages from foreign language class in high school. American foreign language classes are just plain pathetic and it makes learning another language (usually Spanish) WAY tougher than it's supposed to be. I think it's no wonder the majority of people here only speak English.

Vilken skiva???? :D ooh,candlemass...
Brutalizer says "som fan" all the time...:)

Fleischwolf@ I will take the Mittelstufe exam this May....i guess i will make it....i can speak hmmm quite good..(at least i didn't get lost last year in Hamburg :) ) but when i write compositions i always forget this shitty dativplural Endung...and i hate my teacher...she is dumb hehe

I "speak" Spanish, german, swedish, danish( can make myself somewhat understandable in all of the aforementioned...)
a little bit of french
I want to learn some italian

I´ve also learned latin

Melancholia do you want me to teach you a few words?
any preferences?

wow, in iceland you really learn a lot of languages!
so you speak 6 languages, including icelandic! and i guess you wouldn't have problem with norwegian eighter!

i speak german(wow:p ), english, dutch, a little norwegian so i can at least understand a bit swedish and danish, when i read it, and a little french. i'd love to learn icelandic, but from what i've heard, it's pretty tough!:)

@belial, well Spanish is not that tough, is quite simple, specially to pronounce, we just follow one pattern which is say a word as it is written down. The difficult stuff comes when learning verb tenses and genders, nothing more...si give it a try!
I guess we Europeans are much keen on learning languages than Americans, but won't say why, it won't be me who start a flame war here ;)

I speak 4 (greek,english,german and swedish -all at a good level -at least i think so :D ) and can also understand written norwegian and some written danish...from spoken norwegian i can only catch some words...

btw,my grandma can speak swahili!! what a useful language :p

i want to learn all icelandic words (ok,i ask too much...) i actually have a small guide,you know the useful phrases when one travels,but couldn't even manage to pronounce sth...the whole pronunciation system seems sooo complicated to me...
well,maybe it is not,but you know i am sort of dumb :s

:cry: i only know spanish and english :cry:
i haven't found teachers for the languages i want.

though i think teachers are useful only to some extent, i never took english lessons and i could kick my highschool english teacher's arse (i'm not counting her classes 'cause i was never there :D ).. i think that's my only achievement :s