Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Not at all

Votes: 6 11.5%

• Total voters
First- By Genre
Second- Alphabetically by band name
Third- the bands releases in chronilogical order

I know, im a freak

I've three things with cd's, every one has sort of different genre. Within the genres they're in alphabetical order and within a band in cronological order.... and because all of this (and the fact that I'm lazy bastard and leave them lying around everywhere) in order that I understand but no one else does.

I used to sort them alphabetically but now I don't bother. It's not that hard to find what I'm looking for, you know. :p

Actually, I only separate the Digis from the regular jewel case CDs.

I had a friend make me a computer script that let's me display my list on the web, but has an edit page behind a password protected folder. All I have to do is type in the name of the band/cd and the script and it lists it all alphabetically the second I push 'submit'. Very cool indeed and a service I am looking at giving to everyone at my site soon. :D

I have 3 categories:
Metal
Jazz
Classical

Everything within those is alphabetically by band, then chronological.

I used to leave spaces in my cd racks for new additions, those are now full, to fit in new metal I have to remove some jazz/classical (hey, metal takes priority), but they are at the end of a rack, so if I buy something beginning with 'A', that means shifting all 270+ of them one slot along :eek: I got the new Dark Tranquility recently, sofar I have not plucked up the will to move everything......... *sigh*

Wow, everyone's almost an order freak here! If not in a true practical manner then in an esoteric one! I find that deeply disturbing. Ok, maybe not....I must just be lazy enough to not bother sorting mine in any way of fashion, obviously or in my own mind. Then again, I don't have any CD racks or anything, i've never found a good compromise on price, capacity, size and looks, so i've never bothered buying any. I just keep my CD's in stacks on my desk, whenever I want a CD, I browse downwards, find it, and then shift everything above onto another stack so I can get to it, turning my desk into a fantastical, everchanging monument to chaotic balancing art.