I swear I fuckin hate computers

Slatanictrash

Aug 5, 2009
Glasgow
I was trying to put enter a signature for my profile and the fucking thing say profile picture too large

I just spent 35 mins trying to work out this fuckin problem and it's driving me nuts

I really do hate fuckin computers

LOLOLOL.jpg

Please don't mock

I appreciate that you know what you do and that you are good at it

I find it very frustrating that I can't seem to do anything except go to websites

Going back on topic

This is the message I get when trying to upload a picture for my signature

The Dimension limits for this filetype are 500 x 100. We were unable to resize your file so you will need to do so manually and upload it again. Your file is currently 393 x 432.

I am trying to work out how the hell do I do it manually

Thanks Keenan

This is the picture that someone kindly created for me in the SLAYER forum

slatanictrash1-1-1.jpg

I have always had that pic as my signature cos I love it, it combines everything I love, Glencoe, Being Scottish, Slayer, and Eddie lol

Thank you both guys for you help

I tried that link and I got the message

"Remote file is too large"

I also joined photoshop and reduced this picture and attempted to enter it as my signature and the message I got was

"Invalid File"

I fuckin give in

I really honestly can't be arsed anymore, just spent over 1 1/2hrs on something that is just making me incredibly pissed off now

Don't take this the wrong way Diddy but I really do hate people like you that can do almost anything on computers especially those desktops you created

I will just stand back and just admire it and just don't bother attempting anything like that as I know I will never be capable of doing anything like that, I will just stick to looking for websites and thats it

Thank you both again for your help

Yeah I would say PS would be the best idea, it fucked me over with my default for ages, it's why I havent bothered to change it since whenever I uploaded that photo - the day after the Glasgow Evile gig earlier this year.

The message you are getting is the forum having a problem with the image, not the application you are using to create/modify the image.

Anyway.....it sounds like you are trying to upload the image. Don't.

Just enter the following text into your signature:

[I M G]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r299/slatanictrash/slatanictrash1-1-1.jpg[/I M G]
(remove the spaces from the I M G bits)

and you'll display the remote photobucket file you're trying to get into your signature.....see below.

The message you are getting is the forum having a problem with the image, not the application you are using to create/modify the image.

Anyway.....it sounds like you are trying to upload the image. Don't.

Just enter the following text into your signature:

[I M G]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r299/slatanictrash/slatanictrash1-1-1.jpg[/I M G]
(remove the spaces from the I M G bits)

and you'll display the remote photobucket file you're trying to get into your signature.....see below.

Rights thats me finished my nightshift and I am raring to go in giving this another shot

I will now attempt what you have suggested to me Dave and I hope it will now work

Here goes

Ok the 1st attempt was to copy and paste the link within the huge white box

Now the 2nd attempt into the upload box went like this

"Invalid File"

I am trying my hardest in trying not to cry after a hellish shift lol

I see that you somehow managed to get my signature uploaded ok, I genuinely don't understand how I am getting this wrong after so many different attempts

I swear I will get that signature somehow but fuckin hell they don't make it easy for puir wee fuckers like us lol