I wanna know...which bands are popular?

XXX-Selver

WHAT IS THE SHIT LIFE?
Oct 3, 2007
China/Urumuqi
profile.myspace.com
I'm from China...so I just know a little about metal...
P.S:I'm a girl....
I like METALLICA,but I think they're so old...and others like Children Of Bodom,Petera...and so on...
My english is poor...I'm so sorry...I hope you can understand me....hum.~~
Which songs are popular now?Please telling me~thanX~~~

It would depend on which subsection of metal you like. You might want to try the recommendation forum and wait for a response.

Edit: well, you did I see! If anything though I would name a few more ands that you like - Metallica, Pantera, and Children of Bodom aren't the most respected bands by a lot of people on this board, and may result in immature flaming.

Since we're going with the CoB/Norther thing, I'll recommend Kalmah.
Also listen to Ritual Day, and Hyponic. These are 2 good bands from your own country that I like.

I guess you would like:

Dimmu Borgir
Cradle of Filth
Nightwish
Cannibal Corpse
Iron Maiden
Arsis
Dream Theater
Hypocrisy

Well that's what people who start listenning to metal seam to like.

LivingCadaver & Trition~~
I downloaded these songs ~they'er very good~!but the songs form those bands are very few in Chinese website...can you give me some websites that I can downloading their songs or albums?about the language: both english and chinese are OK~

I'm from China...so I just know a little about metal...
P.S:I'm a girl....
I like METALLICA,but I think they're so old...and others like Children Of Bodom,Petera...and so on...
My english is poor...I'm so sorry...I hope you can understand me....hum.~~
Which songs are popular now?Please telling me~thanX~~~

you should be looking for good music, not popular music. google 'best death metal albums' or 'best thrash metal albums' or grindcore or doom or black metal albums, whatever. ten go on from there.
good metal has inaudible lyrics btw :)

LivingCadaver & Trition~~
I downloaded these songs ~they'er very good~!but the songs form those bands are very few in Chinese website...can you give me some websites that I can downloading their songs or albums?about the language: both english and chinese are OK~
Well, you could try <insert band name here>-<album name> blog or rapidshare or megaupload or mediafire or sendspace.

Or just type there name in myspace, and if your computers audio card can rip sound from any source, hit the record button.

Truly though, the only good rip is the rip that comes straight off the original media.

you should be looking for good music, not popular music. google 'best death metal albums' or 'best thrash metal albums' or grindcore or doom or black metal albums, whatever. ten go on from there.
good metal has inaudible lyrics btw :)

Lies :p

But the whole "best thrash albums" etc thing is true. Gives you a bunch of lists and reviews. It's what I did when I was first getting into metal. Introduced me into a few good bands.

You can start with...

old Metallica
old Megadeth
old Slayer
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
At the Gates
Dream Theater
Opeth
Nightwish
Blind Guardian
Dark Tranquillity