I wanna know...which bands are popular?

I guess I have different tastes from everyone else. I do like Hatebreeder, I shouldn't have said I didn't like it.

1 - Follow the Reaper
2 - Something Wild
3 - Are You Dead Yet?
4 - Hatecrew Deathroll
5 - Hatebreeder

That's my personal order. Hatecrew has some redeeming qualities as well.

FTR might be my favorite too, but only because it has some of my favorite single songs by CoB...as an ALBUM, Hatebreeder would be my pick. Excellent flow and songwriting all around, but nothing beats the solo battles in the title track on FTR!!

Yeah FTR is my favorite song by them. As a cohesive album I really like their first one. It has an aesthetic that never bores me & it seems like I hear something new almost every time I listen to it.

V, you seem to have good taste. I really like how you never bad mouth shit for ridiculous or eliteassholecloseminded reasons. I would never have guessed you like them. You also like a ton of genres like myself, although I'm not sure how much non-Metal you listen to yet. I personally am more of a jack of all trades & master of none myself.

as a general rule, the most popular bands are not usually the best. If I were you I'd have a look around in these forums and look at what bands other people like, then find their myspace/look on youtube/etc and decide whether you like them. that way, you can find bands that, while not necessarily popular, suit your tastes in music.