I Was Just Arrested for Opeth

im pretty sure i read in the driving handbook( i live in canada btw) it is an offense to have things hanging on the rearview mirror, although i doubt its well enforced

Some Targets are open 24 hours I think, could be wrong. rules and laws in every state differ. I live in Florida, and the old senoir citizens rule this state. They're always passing laws...but they are the ones that show up to complain, and then vote....they are retired, so it's easy for them to go to these hearings and shit like that. I bet the cops don't have a problem with a disabled/handicapped tag hanging from the rear-view! They obvoiusly bothered this guy on the bike because the store is closed, and he's riding a bike around the store, so they fucking instantly assume he's "scouting" the place out to burglarize. I feel for him, I used to get pulled over at least twice a month, just because(this was around 8 years ago)of my long hair and shitty clunker of a car I had then. The first thing they did, was ask to search my car for drugs.....every fucking time. Even though I told them time after time when they pulled me over, that I've never even smoked a cigarette, or take even an aspirin!

oh the states.... if its illegal to have them on your mirror why do they sell them? where else do you put it.

Actually, speaking of Opeth and being pulled over by the cops, I was pulled over on my way back from the Opeth concert in Montreal on the 23rd of may. I was on a dark highway all alone and they came up on me fast and pulled me over. The woman cop asked me if I'd been drinking and I said no, but then I said yes I was drinking at a concert but it was many hours ago. She asked me if it was my car and I said yes. Then she asked me if I was falling asleep at the wheel. I said no. She said we'll you're swerving a little so drive safe. She got back in her car and drove away. That was it, didn't even check my driver's lisence or anything.

Best run-in with the cops I ever had! :D

The air freshener thing actually is a law in the United States, it's just not often enforced. I'm pretty sure it's applicable in all states too.

The most common place you'll see it is when cops are looking for an excuse to pull people over, like around bar close when they're trying to catch drunk drivers.

Can't say I've ever heard of the bicycle headlight thing, but it still doesn't surprise me.

Also, you probably would have been better off going to court for the air freshener thing, 90% of the time they just drop tickets like that, or cut down the price. Ignoring a ticket is always bad news.

EDIT: But i guess you got a cool story out of it at least!

Oh shit I've got a air freshener and a parking tag, from my school, on my mirror, I better get that shit off!!

Target's for stupid people.

there's no way he lives in america, you could never get arrested for hanging an air-freshener in your mirror or not having a fucking headlight on your bike (!?)

unless he lives in some ass backwards state in DA SOUF

Actually down here they seem to be much more lenient, especially since most of the police officers drink and drive while on duty. But that was a very funny joke you made, very original.

Sorry for not clarifying, I live just outside of Minneapolis, and the cops here are always dicks about this kind of stuff. They sit outside my old high school and pull over students for having parking permits hanging from the mirror when those are like half the size of an air freshener. And yes, I've known Targets to be open 24 hours, and they're based in Minnesota, so they're everywhere; they outnumber Wal-Marts like at least 5 to 1.

Sorry for not clarifying, I live just outside of Minneapolis, and the cops here are always dicks about this kind of stuff. They sit outside my old high school and pull over students for having parking permits hanging from the mirror when those are like half the size of an air freshener. And yes, I've known Targets to be open 24 hours, and they're based in Minnesota, so they're everywhere; they outnumber Wal-Marts like at least 5 to 1.

o, my bad. go minnesota wild.

Well that's fucking badass :p Busted for Opeth ! Lars Akerfeldt would proud of ye !

(to the OP)
Eh...
What does Opeth have to do with you getting arrested? Your failure to pay a ticket resulted in you being arrested. I mean what the hell, you had to bum $50? How old are you?