I wonder....

Twilight Insomniac

Insane asylum case 61195
Jan 6, 2013
All alone in the wild
I hope that Amon Amarth tour Scotland. I want to see them live. I can't wait for their new album it will be their best yet. Their albums have improved one by one as their style has formed and individualised. I think that AA are the best hardcore metal band to date. I like the Viking image as well. Their only weak point is the music vids which have got a lot better but still resemble extremely low budget films. It's a shame they don't have more money to make them realistic, their idea's are actually good, but they don't have the cash

Low budget films have their own charm in my opinion and often they've got more charm.

Yeah, but over audacious ones look a bit stupid. What I was saying is; I think Amon Amarth's vids would be really amazing if more people bought the albums. Thus more money for making the vids. So no I am neither criticizing Amon Amarth or low budgit films. If you are making a film of a viking raid it will be better if you make realistic and historically acurate. I'm sure we both agree that Amon Amarth are amazing.
Twilight Insomniac

I know its sad to sign comments but I couldn't resist.

Yeah, but over audacious ones look a bit stupid. What I was saying is; I think Amon Amarth's vids would be really amazing if more people bought the albums. Thus more money for making the vids. So no I am neither criticizing Amon Amarth or low budgit films. If you are making a film of a viking raid it will be better if you make realistic and historically acurate. I'm sure we both agree that Amon Amarth are amazing.
Twilight Insomniac

I know its sad to sign comments but I couldn't resist.

Yes, we agree. But what's sad in signing comments and why couldn't you resist?:)

Well it seems a bit too official, thats all. I couldn't resist because it adds an air of formality, kind of acerbic. How long have you been a fan of AA for:)
AA-Amon Amarth, not Automobile Asociation!

Oh, but with that nickname actually it's not possible to make it formal or acerbic!

Not Automobile Association, no?:lol: Well, at least I remember an interview where AA talked about the car Odin would drive. They thought about a japanese one, Toyota or so.

Yeah, japanese cars are very reliable, especialy 4x4 ones. I have a suzuki and it's pretty amazing for snow, which is very useful in far northern Scotland. I'm even further north than Sweden, land of AA. Suitable car for Odin! I read your comment on En Urna or an urn. It shows that the nordic languages are not always to disimilar to latin. But a lot older. Ogam is the oldest Viking language (I think) It's snowing heavily here:)

Never heard about Ogam. You can learn quite a lot here about Viking era.:cool:
My first and only car was also japanese. Though guess not a 4x4 one. Even don't know what it is to be honest. But Toyota like Odin. Old, rusty one without radiator grill.:loco: But yeah, it was reliable with some help. So it is Shetland actually? Only little little snow here.:cry: Piss take of winter so far. Lucky you!

AA videos are far better in my honest opinion.. Cry of The Black Birds, Runes To My Memory, Twilight of the Thunder God and Guardians of Asgaard are my faves..

If you are making a film of a viking raid it will be better if you make realistic and historically acurate.

I don't understand which song you're referring to when you intend to say 'unrealistic', but if you take Twilight of the Thunder God for instance, it is a very nice video song and the concept is pretty neat.