Ibby RG->sh15->MT2->JMP2203->1960DM->sm57+md421

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
inspired by the "mt2 as a boost" thread I decided to record a wee thrash clip with passive pickups and the mt2 as a boost....

the chain is: Ibanez RG570 with duncan sh15 (very nice pickups!!) into MT-2 into '78 JMP 2203 into Marshall 1960Mustaine cab, mic'd with an sm57 and an md421...the 421 was about 4-8dB lower in the mix.

sorry for the sitty bass tone, I just grabbed the bass with ANCIENT strings and used just the DI...couldn't be arsed to tweak it.
playing is also a bit sloppy, was an improvised riff...

distortion is coming mainly from the amp, gain on the zone is pretty much all the way off

thrashMetal Zone...
feel free to program some drums to it...and no, I can't give you the DIs, I tracked directly into the amp

Sorry Lasse, this time I don't like the tone.

Probably my hearig is influenced knowing that there is a Metal Zone in the chain. I bought one in the early 90's and sold it one year later because the extreme low end and fizzy distortion (in front of a H&K). That is exactly how I listen to this clip, even though you say gain comes mainly from the Marshall...:guh:

Hehe Lasse :)
I think it sounds very good!
It has a lot of drive - even when you turn down distortion in the MT2 it still as plenty of drive :)