ICED EARTH CONFIRMED FOR CHICAGO POWERFEST 2008

So I guess we can narrow down the type of bands playing from Rob's comments.

No power, thrash, doom, or pagan/viking. So that leaves.... progressive, death, and black metal?

No power, thrash, doom, or pagan/viking. So that leaves.... progressive, death, and black metal?

Very glad it's not power. Very disappointed no doom folk/viking. So I hope it's black metal, hope it's not death metal. Prog meh depends on the band.

2 of the 4 styles you exluded are covered by our choices...but you'll still have to wait & see which ones. :p :lol:

But here's a real teaser for ya...one of the bands we've already picked has a keyboard player. :p

One of the original emo (at least I consider them emo) that is worth anything, and who I actually do like a lot is The Cure. All else in my opinion is poop....steamy poop at that. :p :lol:

Hrmm... I love the Cure. Interesting, I have never heard anyone refer to them as emo by any stretch of the imagination. The Cure encompass straight 2/4 or 4/4 timing.

Modern mainstream emo is an abomination, much like metalcore is an abomination against TRUE METAL! :kickass: