ICED EARTH CONFIRMED FOR CHICAGO POWERFEST 2008

So did about 90% of metal back when The Cure first became popular.

Plus, time signature has nothing to do with what makes a band emo or not.

Musically it does..........
Maybe not for the commercial bullshit like Jimmy Eat World and Crapboard Confessional.

There is a MAJOR difference between the original emo stuff that originated primarily in the midwest in fact, and the MTV garbage...

It's all style over substance now, but whatever, it's emo, so who really giveth a shit?

2 of the 4 styles you exluded are covered by our choices...but you'll still have to wait & see which ones. :p :lol:

But here's a real teaser for ya...one of the bands we've already picked has a keyboard player. :p

Power, Thrash, Doom, Folk/Viking. Hmm...a keyboard player makes me think one will be power or folk/viking.

Well if it is possible to get them back in the country I would love to see Vanden Plas or Vision Divine from the Prog side of things. I dont think that they will focus on the Viking/Pagan side of things due to Paganfest and Suidakra. Doom side of things I dont know that much about Doom I guess after scrolling through my itunes since it was vacant of Doom except MDB and Candlemass. If you wanna throw some more Power oriented stuff it would be sweet to see Andre Matos do a performance of his stuff album and Angra tracks, Seventh Wonder or Anubis Gate would be great.

I dont really care for Power Quest and hope it isnt. I dont why I cant get into them because it would make sense for me to love a band like them.

The Cure ain't never is was no emo!
Original emo = Fugazi, etc.

Well then...we obviously have a difference of opinion of what emo is. IMO, emo is more about lyrical content, attitude, emotional (hence emo) issues surrounding mostly relationship & inner self turmoil/crap :cry: :p :lol:. The music part of emo is more of just a medium for that. Oh yeah, and don't forget the definitely fashion/fad elements that go along with it. ;)

IMO, Fugazi is most definitely NOT emo. To me, they were a punk band of sorts...one can even argue prog punk..if there is such a thing. ;)

So, please share, what is your take on what emo is?

If there's any thrash bands being talked about...I could see Warbringer playing...pretty small like the openers on Testament's day(except darkane/suid) and touring with Arsis/Exodus atm :O(WHICH I MISSED DAMNIT ALL!!!)