Iced Earth Thread

Matt Barlow's voice kills brain cells. Whoever said he should've been on TGB needs a pocket rocket to the face.

Burnt Offerings was okay. I'd get it just for Dante's Inferno. Stormrider was alright as well, and I kind of like the s/t. Dark Saga was boring, SWTWC was DS pt. 2 and not so good(except for My Own Savior and Melancholy). Horrow Show had Richard Christy(\m/), but the songwriting was tired, the riffs old and unremarkable, and hearing Barlow turn his shit voice into a cheesy choir effect was nauseating to the max. Ripper actually improved things a bit with TGB, but I've lost faith in the band.

I really like the songs Dante's Inferno and Burnt Offerings, but the rest of the album Burnt Offerings bored the hell out of me. It seems like on all of their cd's they have a few good songs but the rest is just garbage with the same riffs in each song. A good band should have cd's that have good songs from start to finish imo.

I'm not moronic like a lot of you. I lost interest in Iced Earth when Schaffer ran out of riffs, not when Matt Barlow left. If anything, it's a plus they replaced him with Tim Owens, as he's a better vocalist, though I'm sure you Barlow fanboys will moan it's because of Barlow leaving that Iced Earth suck now.

~Nailbomb~ said:
I'm not moronic like a lot of you. I lost interest in Iced Earth when Schaffer ran out of riffs, not when Matt Barlow left. If anything, it's a plus they replaced him with Tim Owens, as he's a better vocalist, though I'm sure you Barlow fanboys will moan it's because of Barlow leaving that Iced Earth suck now.

Well that's refreshing, a voice of reason. :D

~Nailbomb~ said:
I lost interest in Iced Earth when Schaffer couldn't compose any interesting songs. Hell, all his ballads are the same and suck terribly, and now all his " heavy " songs are boring too. Hell, TGB has no heavy songs at all, except for Greenface which has the worst lyrics ever. Furthermore, Schaffer is too much of a moron to let someone else in the band compose something that would be new, refreshing and could contribute to the band. Schaffer is running to his own lost, litteraly.

I forgot to mention that Barlow's departure doesn't affect me, but I don't think Owens is a great vocalist.

~Nailbomb~ said:
True dat, nigz.

Iced Earth are one of my favorite bands. I love pretty much everything they've done, though I listen to the first one the least.

But I can understand why some people dislike/hate them. They are pretty much an acquired taste.

Personally, I think Barlow and Owens both fuckin own. If you listen to Declaration Day, Attilla, Red Baron/Blue Max, the Gettysburg Trilogy and all the others then you'll realise that Owens is fucking great for Iced Earth, you just have to get used to him.

TGB is a good album, but it has that civil war tone to it, which kinda bugs me. Its still a great cd, but i like the other ones better. Hopefully their next release will be worth listening to. My favorite album is Horror Show.

Although i liked Barlow, i think Owens is a more talented vocalist. but i enjoyed Barlow's style more, but hopefully i like the next album.

Actually, Barlow has a lot of singing talent. But damn, he can go bring it to broadway, because he sounds, once again, like a bellowing doofus in a Metal band.

Tim Owens owns so much. Only he could make a fucking horrible album into a simply mediocre one (TGB, of course).

I don't like Iced earth...I went to see them once because I liked a couple of bands that were opening for them. But Iced earth were boring as hell. It's one of the few bands I got out of the show before it was over because I couldn't stand it anymore.