Iced Earth Thread

There's only one Iced Earth album i don't like so much, save for a few songs, is Something Wicked This Way Comes. I just don't like the ballads, some of the rockers are generic and boring and i hate that ballad-rocker-ballad-rocker pattern. So inconsistant. Other than that, i like them all. Some much more than others of course.

I don't like Something Wicked for the same reasons. And, unfortunately, TGB sounds a lot like a bad Something Wicked this Way Comes.

Barlow has avergae singing ability at best. When he goes into screechy nuts-in-a-blender mode, I get really, really irritated.

When I get irritated, people die.

I agree with the guy who said that Owens was probably the better option for TBG over Matt Barlow, though I reckon he still could've done an awesome job of it

I have a few of their albums. I like to listen to their stuff when I'm in the mood. Probably my favorite part are Matthew Barlow's vocals. He is a really, really powerful sounding singer.

I like Iced Earth a lot.

Good albums: Burnt Offerings, Dark Saga, Night of the Stormrider, Something Wicked This Way Comes.

The new album I enjoyed a lot for a short while after I got it, then it became repetitive and lost interest in it.. though I am one of the people who still seems to like Owens' vocals. I also saw Iced Earth live this summer... which restored my liking in them a lot, they were awesome live.

I hope so fuckin much that they do an Aus tour one day. I'd cream, then I'd go see them.

I saw them live with the Ripper and they just owned. Really good performance.

went with Alien :)

Stormrider could be their best album, music wise