If In A Used CD Section In A Store and See a Band You Never Heard Of Do You...

I do.

I don't usually listen to bands which choose to have absurd topics and names for songs, I would rather listen to a musician that takes themselves seriously. What would you think if a band had an album entitled "Rainbows" with a picture of a rainbow on the cover and songs titled "Sucking on lollipops" and "Gingerbread houses" and "Pink frilly things" and "The land of Milk and Honey" :lol: Of course that would be funny, but I bet you wouldn't want to admit liking them :)

I'd buy it.

I only do it for jazz because very few of it is bad.

The vast majority of the CDs I by are because I heard them on pandora and liked them.

... Check out all the covers to see what looks metal? Once you found the metal album that intrigues you, what makes you decide to buy it? Is the cover, the song titles, the amount of instruments thrown into the band such as violin, keys, female vocals etc? Or is it all the above? Or if I'm missing more reasons, list 'em.

All the things you said. It depends on the moment.

... Check out all the covers to see what looks metal? Once you found the metal album that intrigues you, what makes you decide to buy it? Is the cover, the song titles, the amount of instruments thrown into the band such as violin, keys, female vocals etc? Or is it all the above? Or if I'm missing more reasons, list 'em.

I don't buy used shit.

"I was so wasted I was a hippie I was a burnout I was a dropout I was out of my head I was a surfer I had a skateboard I was so heavy man, I lived on the strand I was so wasted I was so fucked up I was so messed up I was so screwed up I was out of my head I was so jacked up I was so drunk up I was so knocked out, I was out of my head I was so wasted I was wasted."

fuck

yeah

I heard Anal Cunt is good, but I didn't bother to check them out because of stupid song titles and their absolutely offending band name. Plus I heard they are grindcore.
I like Anal Cunt even though their song titles are silly. Still check them out, they're good to me.

u cant take a band(anal cunt) that has a ep(not a full length) with over a thousand songs

if you dont take anal cunt seriously then u might as whell take trivium seriously

first I download the songs, then if the album is any good. I go out and buy it. Sadly, the stores around here only sell whats "hot" in the market right naw.

I hate the mainstream. MTV MUST DIE!

first I download the songs, then if the album is any good. I go out and buy it. Sadly, the stores around here only sell whats "hot" in the market right naw.

I hate the mainstream. MTV MUST DIE!

That's the way it is everywhere except for the rare shop that is run by musicians and therefore will have ALL kinds of stuff.

When I see used CDs or Records, I usually look at the year it was recorded, the name and songs, sometimes song lengths, the instruments used in the liner notes, maybe even thank you notes, record label, etc. Any number of factors can help me determine if it's something I would like, including the cover. I had never heard of the stoner band Sleep, but I saw their album in a store one day and the cover looked psychedelic as did the CD, and the back cover had a bunch of long haired dudes and what looked like a vague image of a plant (possible mary jane) transparented over top of it. I bought it for $2 and was happy about it. It's a bit harder with records because if they are from the late 70s and early 80s it could be any number of things from punk to new wave to shitty pop or even disco or disco rock. I am more likely to take a gamble on a $1 record than a $5 or more CD. Salvation Army prices all CDs at $2 but Value Village does it individually I suppose according to condition and if the price person has heard of them, anywhere from $1.99 to $6.99 or whatever. I have heard of a lot of bands and know a lot about all kinds of music, so if I see a name I might recognize it and know what kind of music they are and may have even heard the stuff before, if not I can tell take an educated guess on what it is. Cool psychedelic stuff from the late 60s is pretty easy to spot, the names are often condusive to the genre as are the song titles and covers.

I rarely see good used metal anything in thrift stores though, and if it's on vinyl it's going to be 80s pop or hair stuff like Quiet Riot. Fat chance finding Darkthrone or Death or Morbid Angel. People with that kind of stuff bought it for keeps or know its value (and are probably still young enough to still like it and not need to get rid of it).