If Mort Divine ruled the world

Sounds very similar to the Hardy situation, but with even less evidence. The article reads pretty much the same, just swap out the athlete/sport/length of time inconvenienced. They don't even need to really pay all these different women to write basically the same piece over and over; I'm sure some arg-type could write an algorithm to do the same job only better.

Domestic violence?

If any sort of unwanted, non-sexual contact is DV(regardless of instigation/situation) then he probably is . I don't think we want to water it down like that though (although the Morts do). Best information on the situation is that she was high, came at him in his place, he kept shoving her away, and probably in the process into a few things which gave her some light bruises. He called the police to come get her. What else was he supposed to do?

I think the gun/couch thing doesn't really mean anything, but I've seen this argument before and it seems to rely on "Hardy is so much bigger than her, why are the bruises 'light' or the damage less severe" -- I don't think that's the right analysis of the situation..

Kane's thing was that a girl(maybe a friend as well?) came to his place after they met at the bars (I think he had some friends over as well, male friends), supposedly she went to another room to go to sleep and Kane went in and raped her. But then the DNA found that there was no Kane DNA (semen included) on her body outside of her fingernails, which I think the DRs said could be from light touching or normal contact. Then they found like 3 different people semen in her undies that night, her mother planted fake evidence to try and get PR/Kane guilty or something. There seems to be way more evidence in support of Kane being innocent than Hardy.

But anyways, the article is what interests me more. Hockey has a "rape culture" and other things like that. But I totally agree, every woman writes the same article for different companies when these things occur, and all the weird men come out and give the same responses. Really weird depiction of our society.

Reactions: Dak
151106205556-01-greg-hardy-deadspin-photos-super-169.jpg

How hard exactly does one need to push to cause bruises like that? Being lightly pushed doesn't cause that.

However hard he had to push her to get her off him. Those aren't even bad bruises, I've done worse to myself on furniture. Looks more like a bunch of hickies.

Hardy is a piece of shit and should have been banned from the NFL. Just like Ray Rice should be banned. Just like Michael Vick should have been banned. And Pacman Jones. And I'm sure there's a lot more.

Hardy might be a POS, but you can't compare his incident with Rice. Vick didn't hit a person, he was involved in dogfighting. I don't condone it, but it's seriously overvillified.

I wasn't comparing the two, or any of the incidents. I said what I said. They're all piece of shit people who should have never been allowed to play in the NFL.

What makes the NFL special? Should we just ban all the non-angels in the US from having jobs?

You're going to have to clarify here man.

What is there to clarify? Rice and his fiance were out and about, got in a fight about something and he knocked her out and drug her around. Security had to call police.

Hardy had a woman high on cocaine attack him at his place (he was dumb for having her over), and had to keep shoving her away/get his assistant to hold her and she wouldn't leave, and he finally had to call the police to come get her.

What makes the NFL special? Should we just ban all the non-angels in the US from having jobs?

Playing in the NFL is not the same as having a "job." That's crazy. What other "job" has a minimum wage of $745,000? What other job gives people a voice to spout of bullshit at a moments notice? What other job allows people to display what a piece of shit psycho they are on national television?

The NFL itself is a piece of shit organization, don't get me wrong, but when they continually act as enablers and apologists for piece of shit people, I have a major problem with that. Hence why I think he should have been banned. But obviously the NFL won't do that because they really don't give a fuck about anything except making money.

Playing in the NFL is not the same as having a "job." That's crazy. What other "job" has a minimum wage of $745,000? What other job gives people a voice to spout of bullshit at a moments notice? What other job allows people to display what a piece of shit psycho they are on national television?

The NFL itself is a piece of shit organization, don't get me wrong, but when they continually act as enablers and apologists for piece of shit people, I have a major problem with that. Hence why I think he should have been banned. But obviously the NFL won't do that because they really don't give a fuck about anything except making money.

Hardly anyone can make it into the NFL as it, most are not making Vick or Hardy money, and most don't last long enough to qualify for the vetmin.

Maybe the NFL always was shitty, maybe it's only become shitty, but I agree with you at this point.

What is there to clarify? Rice and his fiance were out and about, got in a fight about something and he knocked her out and drug her around. Security had to call police.

Hardy had a woman high on cocaine attack him at his place (he was dumb for having her over), and had to keep shoving her away/get his assistant to hold her and she wouldn't leave, and he finally had to call the police to come get her.

So the difference is that Hardy was justified in his use of violence and Rice was not? Is this what you're getting at? What's this attacking story anyways that you are referring to, and why are you giving it more weight than her version?