If Mort Divine ruled the world

I know I'm normally arguing to the right, but here's one thing I've noticed. Old timers that complain about people on the dole a lot have often based their whole self worth on not being on it for years. It seems like classless, trashy people exist in order that the worker drones have something to fear and want to distance themselves from.

Reactions: Dak

"I hope the Eagles never win the Super Bowl!" :lol:

"Terrorists will never bomb your city, cause no one gives a fuck about it!"

I officially love Bill Burr now.

Reactions: CiG
http://thefederalist.com/2015/12/10/4-things-dropping-master-tells-us-about-harvard-university/

Well, a title will change at Harvard—and life will move on. But the fifth big question here is for all of academia: where will this crop up next, and where will it end? As Jonah Goldberg pointed out in NRO’s The Corner, a great many things have “master” in their name; they can’t all be thrown onto our Savonarola-esque bonfire of words. (Hilariously, the Crimson un-self-consciously used the verb “oversee” in its report. Hmm….) But some title or subject somewhere will be hit next, and the very removal of this process from logic creates a sort of terrifying randomness to the PC wars on campus that can be pretty paralyzing.

Largely, this is an intra-Left fight. But conservatives shouldn’t just point and laugh (though by all means, point and laugh.) This issue and a thousand like it indicate the extraordinary decadence and mental feebleness that Left’s third generation to control academia has fallen into. If conservatives are willing to bone up on the subjects, and re-engage with academia, an enormous amount of ground can be retaken. Battles can be won by doing things as simple as looking up words in the dictionary (provided you can stand the cries of hurt feelings before and after), because in many places left-wing academia has lost contact with true academics.

When will we reach peak Mort?

Reactions: CiG
v7JgE1u.jpg

1rZwLBy.jpg

Reminds me of all the antigun memes going around that are completely incorrect - on top of quotes about "multiautonomic(?) assault rounds", "cop killer bullets", "loopholes", etc.

I also can't think of another anchor with a speech impediment as well...

It's not a speech impediment, but Diane Rehm of NPR has a condition that makes her voice sound terrible. The quality of the dialogue on her show is great, but I can't listen to it because of her voice.

It's not a speech impediment, but Diane Rehm of NPR has a condition that makes her voice sound terrible. The quality of the dialogue on her show is great, but I can't listen to it because of her voice.

Wikipedia says a lisp is a speech impediment, so hah! Is this your HBCU coming through about her show or what? I've watched a couple times and never been that impressed

I don't believe she has a lisp. Her condition has to do with her vocal chords, and I've always thought speech impediments dealt mostly with mouth and tongue movements, but I'm not an expert. I had a speech impediment when I was a kid, so I'm basing it off of that.

What I mean is her guests are good and that, in the NPR setting, they have the opportunity to delve more deeply into topics than they would in other formats (though, I'll say that NPR get's a little too into the white-upper-middle-class-feel-good-liberal bubble. C-Span Radio is a better listen, imo). Rehm herself is not that great. She often asks dumb questions and she said that Bernie Sanders was a dual-citizen of Israel and the United States a few months back. Fortunately, she's retiring soon, which she should have done long ago. It's too bad NPR couldn't can her with the risk of getting a discrimination lawsuit.