If Mort Divine ruled the world

https://www.adn.com/nation-world/20...-cart-of-a-food-stamp-household-lots-of-soda/

What do households on food stamps buy at the grocery store?

The answer was largely a mystery until now.

Lol "mystery"! Unhealthy shit and/or premium shit that is completely unfrugal. Anyone who ever worked at a grocery store etc could tell someone these things.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture, which oversees the $74 billion food stamp program called SNAP, has published a detailed report that provides a glimpse into the shopping cart of the typical household that receives food stamps.

................SNAP households spent 9.3 percent of their grocery budgets on soft drinks alone.

Motherfucking go juice. Of course, it's not like everyone else is doing much better. It's just that they aren't on the dole for "Nutrition supplements".

The report compared SNAP households and non-SNAP households. While those who used food stamps bought slightly more junk food and fewer vegetables, both SNAP and non-SNAP households bought ample amounts of sweetened drinks, candy, ice cream and potato chips. Among non-SNAP households, for example, soft drinks ranked second on the list of food purchases, behind milk.

But muh free insurance. And everyone is absolutely perplexed as to why insurance costs keep climbing.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/14/politics/voting-wars-democrats-2020/index.html

"Presidential elections are obviously important," he said, "but we lost sight of the fact that if you want to have a representative Congress you have to make sure that you have state legislatures that are going to yield a representative Congress, and we also lost sight of the fact that a lot of governing in this country happens at state and local level."
Holder said some of those maps were drawn and manipulated by legislatures to favor the party in power. The process is called "gerrymandering."
"We have always had gerrymandering," Holder said. "Now we have gerrymandering on steroids."

This is fucking rich.

Democrats forgot it's still a decentralized republic. Forgetting this = gerrymandering "on steroids". Democrats have zero shame. How about learn the goddamn rules.

Republicans = Mostly cringeworthy but relatively consistent for good or ill.
Democrats = LOLable. Hypocrites all over the goddamn place.

who the hell buys beef over chicken, turkey or pork when it comes down to dollars? damn fools I say.

Lastly, 20 cents of each dollar was spent on a broad category of junk foods that included "sweetened beverages, desserts, salty snacks, candy and sugar."

sounds like a reasonable ratio, maybe down to 10% would be ideal

Democrats forgot it's still a decentralized republic. Forgetting this = gerrymandering "on steroids". Democrats have zero shame. How about learn the goddamn rules.

I don't follow

10% is reasonable, not ideal. Ideal would be like 2%. Remember, we are talking about people who need gimmedats + are also already probably overweight or obese. My family is not on any gimmedats and we almost never buy any junk food and I buy some of those sip sized soda can packs for mixing with cheap vodka. It might mess up the % because it's more expensive per ounce but it's very little in terms of soda.

I've never investigated it but I wonder if Sams Club or any other bulk buyers take SNAP/WIC. We eat prob 80% chicken for meat, and I'm paying under 2$/lb for boneless chicken breast at Sams.

I doubt that. Career politician republicans are as hypocritical as democrats.

Most of the cringeworthy stuff from Repubs usually comes from the state level reps. Otherwise it's just shit I disagree with. McCain (for an easy example) is a dirt bag but he's consistently a dirt bag.

15966285_10202912989622929_8566858740940585522_n.jpg