If Mort Divine ruled the world

That's fair, if we're getting into the specifics of how slavery played a part in the war.

The North knew how crucial slavery was to the South's economy, and so it became an important element of wartime rhetoric. Ethically or morally speaking, of course, many northern businessmen and politicians were indifferent toward slavery.

The South was in the process of overtaking the North in economic clout prior to the war. New Orleans surpassed New York etc.

I think it's possibly more acccurate to say that the South seceded over slavery, but that the war was not over slavery.

it's probably true that the south was economically stronger until the industrialization began though

That's fair, if we're getting into the specifics of how slavery played a part in the war.

The North knew how crucial slavery was to the South's economy, and so it became an important element of wartime rhetoric. Ethically or morally speaking, of course, many northern businessmen and politicians were indifferent toward slavery.

This is all more or less correct. Obviously the abolitionists in the North were putting pressure on the South, and had little resistance in the North because of the indifference (no direct economic relevance = don't care). There was also significant indifference broadly regarding the secession of the South. Prosecuting war still requires, even if less obviously today, a "just cause", and slavery was seized on once the North began to lose. The South seceded in large (although not total) part to protect a significant part of their economic engine (slavery). However, the North prosecuted war in response using slavery as the public moral cause, while the reality was also purely economic. The South controlled the raw material export in demand at the time, and New Orleans could more easily ship even mining products from the Rust Belt at the time because of Miss. river > over-mountain transit.

it's probably true that the south was economically stronger until the industrialization began though

The North was stronger and more developed at the outset of the war. However, had they not prosecuted war immediately, they would have rapidly been supplanted.

something more Mort-y

That was so cringeworthy. It must really hurt her fat heart to know that she has to bring up ancient African civilisations because there really isn't anything more contemporary she can cite to make her asinine point.

If white civilisation is so inferior, she has to explain why white civilisations surpassed the rest, even Asian civilisations eventually. Of course she'll say "by exploiting the non-white civilisations" well hey, though that may be a valid point, truly great civilisations don't allow themselves to be exploited so it just strengthens the rebut.

That was so cringeworthy. It must really hurt her fat heart to know that she has to bring up ancient African civilisations because there really isn't anything more contemporary she can cite to make her asinine point.

just think this development is strange in pro-black discourse. When is it going to become "well, we taught all y'all whitey's how to walk" :lol:

Great civilisations don't allow themselves to be exploited from the outside.

primitive-spongebob-meme-2-18549-1464980143-9_dblbig.jpg

Reactions: Dak
I've heard black people saying that blacks are actually the white people and the white people are something I don't remember. I've also seen things where black people say that only why people descended from neanderthal/cro magnon and black people evolved separately.

just think this development is strange in pro-black discourse. When is it going to become "well, we taught all y'all whitey's how to walk" :lol:

It's not that strange if you understand the overlap of the rise of pro-black/black power politics and Islam among the black American population, specifically Nation of Islam and Yakub the fictional character who created the white man by taking all the negativity from the black man and distilled it into a being, aka the white man.

They've been referring to whites as "devils" since the 1960's at least, so it's only natural that if you learn that whites are devils and blacks are Gods and earths (men and women) you're going to be open to more broad concepts like, black people civilised white people.

I've heard black people saying that blacks are actually the white people and the white people are something I don't remember. I've also seen things where black people say that only why people descended from neanderthal/cro magnon and black people evolved separately.

Those claims are distortions of the truth such as the internet often holds. But there is a grain of truth there. Genetically some Africans have the purest strands of human DNA, while whites and others have some small amounts of neanderthal DNA. European whites moreso than others, but it's still a small percent of our DNA.

Those claims are distortions of the truth such as the internet often holds. But there is a grain of truth there. Genetically some Africans have the purest strands of human DNA, while whites and others have some small amounts of neanderthal DNA. European whites moreso than others, but it's still a small percent of our DNA.

iirc anthropologists are more and more discovering that the neanderthals were actually quite developed and had basic cave paintings and certain tools before even H sapiens.

And if you ask renowned expert Dr. Vikernes, he'll tell you that the neanderthals were all autistic forebears of the superior Aryan race.

Reactions: Dak
iirc anthropologists are more and more discovering that the neanderthals were actually quite developed and had basic cave paintings and certain tools before even H sapiens.

I just read an article on that this evening actually.

You main an IG army? For some reason I don't think I knew that.

Well....it's my first army but it's on the backburner right now because of a combination of time and the codex is so bad. I worked up a Necron army and now I've mostly completed a Dark Angels army (actually more like over completed by average standards, but I can't run greenwing/RW/DW all individually painted yet) and I have an Inquisition detachment on the backbackburner.

Well....it's my first army but it's on the backburner right now because of a combination of time and the codex is so bad. I worked up a Necron army and now I've mostly completed a Dark Angels army and I have an Inquisition detachment on the backbackburner.

You've been busy! All I have is my old Space Wolves army (that badly needs a repainting) and some W:F armies, Skaven and Dwarfs.

Do you have anybody to play?