If Mort Divine ruled the world

How is it bullshit? The primary recipients of sexism are women by a vast majority, its a given that the majority of abusers of sex and gender privilege are male.

The western media (for us) is what is attempting to control and dictate what physical traits are primary and therefore attractive, so the media standard for men being unrealistic is created by those in control of media and *DUN DUN DUN BIG SURPRISE* western media is primarily owned run and created by MEN.

This conspiracy theory crap is laughably immature. 'The media' is not trying to control what people desire, 'the media' is trying to make money. And they make money by pushing what people find desirable, often to ridiculous levels but there you go.

What people desire dictates what the media tries to sell, not the other way around.

This conspiracy theory crap is laughably immature. 'The media' is not trying to control what people desire, 'the media' is trying to make money. And they make money by pushing what people find desirable, often to ridiculous levels but there you go.

What people desire dictates what the media tries to sell, not the other way around.

To be fair it goes both ways. The media finds the hottest new look or trend of whatever, the common folk recognize that they like it (and are also subject to psychological conditioning), then they try to imitate it in order to secure their own power.

Yeah, keep trivializing the facts that men make up a disproportionate number of suicide victims, are forced to work jobs putting themselves at greater physical risk, are the ones that have to fight and die during a draft, and have a significantly shorter lifespan than women in most cases. Obviously all of that is meaningless compared to the horrors of muh 77 cents per dollar.

Men only make up a higher percentage of successful suicides - women attempt suicide at a higher rate and have significantly higher rates of depression (and therefore higher risk of becoming suicidal.)

No one is "forcing men" to work high danger jobs, they're disallowing women to do them.

Brought on solely by men.

To be fair it goes both ways. The media finds the hottest new look or trend of whatever, the common folk recognize that they like it (and are also subject to psychological conditioning), then they try to imitate it in order to secure their own power.

The point was about how the media defines standards of attractiveness, not about hot looks or trends per se.

In most cases the media tries to 'cotton on' to what's 'cool' and then make easy money.

Men only make up a higher percentage of successful suicides - women attempt suicide at a higher rate and have significantly higher rates of depression (and therefore higher risk of becoming suicidal.)

So would you say women are more prone to the call for help style suicide or do you buy into the theory that men are irrational and women are rational thus differences in deaths?

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/jan/21/suicide-gender-men-women-mental-health-nick-clegg

https://www.afsp.org/understanding-suicide/facts-and-figures

The chart in #4 seems to warrant concern, that men commit suicide at 4x the rate of women. I would consider that a "significantly" higher rate than women

No one is "forcing men" to work high danger jobs, they're disallowing women to do them.

Other than combat arms in the military, what job can women still not get?

Brought on solely by men.

Women generally attempt suicide using methods known to have much higher failure rates and are generally done for attention. Women are more likely to seek help after a shallow cut or a slight overdose on painkillers than a man. In part this is because men are expected to be self-reliant and support others; a "weak female" is a victim of the patriarchy, a weak male should just off himself for being useless.

Someone has to work high danger and physically demanding jobs. You could argue that construction jobs and similar have a high percentage of ugly, misogynistic men scaring women away, but that isn't true in all cases. Small/self-employed businesses for repair and other contracting services are quite common, yet they are some of the most overwhelmingly male-dominated fields. There's nothing stopping a couple women from starting their own door-to-door electrician service, but they simply don't.

I don't want to be "taken seriously" by the likes of you.

Also yeah, sure, when I was 18-19 or so, but clearly I've moved beyond being a complete piece of shit.

And no, oppression matters. Hating ones oppressor is complete natural and completely defensible.

You're pretty much subhuman trash tbh, so whatever.

Regardless, bigotry is bigotry whether you are oppressed or not. This is fact no matter what backwards, sexist, misandric opinions you want to spout. Whoever disagrees can slob on my knob like corn on the cob tbh.

He brought two flunkies he knows from elsewhere to agree with him here. (Seriously)

And apparently cries about this board on other corners of the Internet.

Pretty much.

Or what you're gonna beat me up over the internet cause I refuse to be quiet and agree with your bullshit? I'll post about what I want when I want buddy, batten down your clams.

Or what you're gonna beat me up over the internet cause I refuse to be quiet and agree with your bullshit? I'll post about what I want when I want buddy, batten down your clams.

You're hardly providing any kind of real arguments to back up your case tho. If you're here to white knight and defend Mort's honor, you're not doing a very good job.

Is it sexist to bring up the fact that men die unnatural and violent deaths earlier than women on a whole?