If Mort Divine ruled the world

I was thinking recently about what is wrong with the current state of "science", and the "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" issue, being otherwise characterized as the small minded looking for keys only under the streetlights, seems to encapsulate most of it.

Edit: Not to suggest that I'm remotely the first to think of this, but I'm agreeing with others who have suggested it.

I don't know what you're talking about specifically, but here's a quick thought:

The keys-under-streetlight joke is a metaphor. The point is that if we try and see something where sight doesn't work, the odds that our efforts will be fruitless go way up. It's true that science shifts when people think outside the box, as Thomas Kuhn has shown; but it's also true that among herds of scientists thinking outside the box, very few of them will produce anything of long-lasting value. In a time-crunch scenario like the one we're in, looking for solutions in darkness amounts to little more than toddlers throwing Nerf darts at a goal post.

I'm all for trying to see solutions in the dark; but when we're faced with high mortality rates (relatively speaking) and a small window of time, the responsible scientific thing to do is put its trust in the light (i.e. known and tested bodies of knowledge).

I don't know what you're talking about specifically, but here's a quick thought:

The keys-under-streetlight joke is a metaphor. The point is that if we try and see something where sight doesn't work, the odds that our efforts will be fruitless go way up. It's true that science shifts when people think outside the box, as Thomas Kuhn has shown; but it's also true that among herds of scientists thinking outside the box, very few of them will produce anything of long-lasting value. In a time-crunch scenario like the one we're in, looking for solutions in darkness amounts to little more than toddlers throwing Nerf darts at a goal post.

I'm all for trying to see solutions in the dark; but when we're faced with high mortality rates (relatively speaking) and a small window of time, the responsible scientific thing to do is put its trust in the light (i.e. known and tested bodies of knowledge).

I was thinking more broadly rather than specifically what's going on with the SarsCov2 response.

Trump has done half as well as he should have, and twice as good as most would have liked.

be51156b9f179a9d6ffb95dd5bbcce3a.jpg

Reactions: CiG
GETCHO DICK SPLIT!

:lol: amazing. Fuck EVO. Those wokelets are going to go down the drain if they keep banning everyone in the FGC because of nonsense like this. Shit talking IS and ALWAYS WILL be a part of the FGC.

And that lame wasnt even completely bashing trannies either. He did say something retarded along the lines of "if you really want to be a girl..." :lol: nah brah, a guy cant be a girl.

HOW DARE HE POINT OUT THE NONACCEPTANCE OF THE GAYZ IN MUZZIE COUNTRIES WHEN IN THE UNITED STATES FAGS WHO PARADE AROUND IN THE STREETS AND LIVE A LIFE OF PRIVILEGE FACE THE SAME TYPE OF HORRIFIC HOMOPHOBIA! WE TOSSED 18 QUEERS OFF THE TOP FLOOR OF THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING JUST LAST WEEK! :lol:

stupid fuckin' wokies.

First tweet is fair imo, a politician's personal life is secondary to their ability to perform the actions desired by the voter. Many people I'll never know are raped at gunpoint without anyone other than the victim and victim's family/friends caring, there's no reason to suddenly care about rape at gunpoint only once it presents a conflict of interest.