If Mort Divine ruled the world

You sure about that? The letter demands that the US "end the embargo", which implies reinstating arms sales to Cuba, even though Cuba is a staunch ally of Russia. The BLM letter makes no mention of Russia, and my impression is that BLM doesn't give a shit about the danger Cuba poses as a member of an alliance hostile to the US, because BLM operates in an ideological vacuum where the world revolves exclusively around racial justice issues.

Cuba already trades with other countries, including those that have advanced weapons programs. The point of BLM's "end the embargo" message was intended specifically to provide Cuba with medical supplies (which weren't technically included in the embargo, hence why it was a bit of a misfire).

Long story short, I think it's unfair to accuse BLM of being unconscientious when it comes to the sale of arms to Cuba by U.S. companies, when arms are only one aspect of the embargo. If arms deals were to resume between the U.S. and Cuba, then I think it would be more prudent to argue that the U.S. companies engaging in those deals are the more responsible actors.

Last edited:
Reactions: zabu of nΩd
Yeah, I'm inclined to agree that homeownership puts people on a counterproductive side of issues like infrastructure projects and helping the homeless. I don't know what would realistically "fix" that though, other than house prices continuing to grow insanely high like they are today, thus limiting the percentage of homeowners in the population.

From my limited knowledge it seems likely that houses will continue to be increasingly unaffordable in the US due to (1) political obstructions to new residential zoning permits, and (2) homebuilders unwilling to take the financial risk of large development projects after what happened in 2008. Maybe pushing more people toward renting is better for society as a whole, idk.

Last edited:
This feels to me like an even-handed and perceptive conversation, for those interested in the CRT controversy in the U.S. and how to talk about race (I don't usually post vids, but this drew me in and I enjoyed it):

Reactions: rms
. Maybe pushing more people toward renting is better for society as a whole, idk.
But only if we win the fight for 15 and get 15 an hour as a NATIONAL min wage

But then after that
The individual cities would have to build apt specifically made for min wage workers
The cities of Dallas and Fort Worth have fucked up shit going in our city halls where all of the people in the future renting with no new houses being built would result in expensive-as-shit condos with all the min wage workers being homeless

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree that homeownership puts people on a counterproductive side of issues like infrastructure projects and helping the homeless. I don't know what would realistically "fix" that though, other than house prices continuing to grow insanely high like they are today, thus limiting the percentage of homeowners in the population.

From my limited knowledge it seems likely that houses will continue to be increasingly unaffordable in the US due to (1) political obstructions to new residential zoning permits, and (2) homebuilders unwilling to take the financial risk of large development projects after what happened in 2008. Maybe pushing more people toward renting is better for society as a whole, idk.

There's tons of building where it's encouraged. Renting is a necessary option but home ownership being discouraged is simply watercarrying for global Capital. So funny to watch

Sarah Silverman got cucked out of a movie role because a 2007 comedy sketch where she's wearing blackface a bunch resurfaced.

View attachment 21265

Funniest part is, this wasn't some hidden secret like most of these blackface controversies lately, this was a famous comedy sketch program of hers and since 2007 she's endlessly apologized for it, denounced it, and tried to make up for doing it, and she still got cucked. :lol:

Ironically there's a more recent interview where she's asked about her controversial position (in the stand-up world I suppose) on PC culture and how it is killing comedy, how she disagrees with most comedians and values PC culture etc etc. Says comedians could learn from PC college students and so on.

WOMP WOMP.
am i the only one that actually thinks this blackface sketch she did is actually pretty funny??

DpWQtuEXoAYHHNS.jpg