If Mort Divine ruled the world

not usually one to use the dictionary in my defense but

assault
/əˈsɔːlt/
noun

(law) an intentional or reckless act that causes another person to expect to be subjected to immediate and unlawful violence

violence
[vahy-uh-luh ns]

an unjust or unwarranted exertion of force or power, as against rights or laws

Sexual assault is any type of sexual contact or behavior that occurs without the explicit consent of the recipient. Falling under the definition of sexual assault are sexual activities as forced sexual intercourse, forcible sodomy, child molestation, incest, fondling, and attempted rape.

http://www.justice.gov/ovw/sexual-assault

vs

Sexual Harassment
It is unlawful to harass a person (an applicant or employee) because of that person’s sex. Harassment can include “sexual harassment” or unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical harassment of a sexual nature.

http://www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/sexual_harassment.cfm

Even if you and your likeminded folk get the DOJ to change their legal precedent of sexual assault, what does "exertion of power" have to do with someone being obscene?

It sounds like she was the victim of ongoing sexual harassment that freaked her out and was generally very unpleasant and unwanted. That kind of thing is not cool at all, and I certainly wouldn't wish that kind of experience on any of the females in my life.

But to claim herself as a victim of sexual 'assault'.... I don't know. Sexual assault is a whole other kind of crime, and it kind of cheapens the traumas that actual sexual assault victims face when someone says 'I'm just like you' when they really aren't.

edit -- I should point out that I didn't watch the whole vid, just the first scenario that she outlinbed

The guy that was harrassing her is obviously damaged, but her behaviour was stupid.

I hate how she "felt" something was wrong with him when she just met him on the street. She either didn't feel anything or she's judgemental. Then, why was she giving him stupid excuses? Of course he didn't back off. She should have told him she's not interested. Overall, she was very passive and made some stupid decisions. Her first reaction after masturbation incident was to check the twitter? That made me laugh. Again, she's very passive and she could've end the whole story early if she did something.

BTW it's no excuse for the guy, but seriously, if you have a problem and do nothing to solve it, you can't expect the problem to go away.

Intimidation involves a use of power and that case clearly involved an element of that

So because i'm (probably) taller and heavier than you, if I tell you angrily to "Shut the fuck up" then i'm intimidating you and thus causing assault?

Things are how I wish them, because feelings.

Figured you might enjoy this, especially around the 2:30 part.

Last edited by a moderator: