If you bought the Opeth "Tin Can" re-releases...

Jerkface

New Metal Member
May 9, 2003
Visit site
...then you are dumb.

I'll explain why. First off, they look like crap and they're totally useless. It's just another way for Candlelight to cash in on the Opeth albums they released. They just put out re-releases with bonus tracks, and now they put them in stupid shiny round cases hoping the Opeth junkies will buy them and give them more money?! Sorry, but I'm not having it. They made their fair share of money off those releases, enough is enough. Just go buy the regular CD versions, don't waste your money on ANOTHER pointless Opeth re-release. Don't be retarded and buy the tin-can versions. Thanks for your time.

i got the morningrise one for xmas. it's not *that* bad. i only had the century black pressing (w/o the bonus track) before anyway. i actually had read somewhere that it was a remaster, but after listening to it, it doesn't sound any different...haven't listened to them side-by-side yet though. the sticker is cool, and the tin ain't that bad either. artwork is stupid.

why the hell do people need the same CD twice just because it has a bonus track on the re-release. thats mental. Just so you can say you have every release of a CD and be hardcore fan? great. i have all 10 releases of a CD im smart! heh.

I have the Orchid tin, because I didn't have Orchid in the first place. The tin is nice because it fits in my pocket much more easily than a regular jewel case. I can hardly find Orchid anywhere anyway, so why not rerelease it.

I don't see why people complain about others buying the same CD in different versions, it's their money not yours so what the hell is such a big deal?. Maybe they're obsessed and they truely love the band and want to support them in anyway possible, or perhaps they don't have the any of the other versions. Calling someone stupid for buying a "special" version of any CD is beyond ridiculous.

Caelum Adustum said:
I don't see why people complain about others buying the same CD in different versions, it's their money not yours so what the hell is such a big deal?. Maybe they're obsessed and they truely love the band and want to support them in anyway possible, or perhaps they don't have the any of the other versions. Calling someone stupid for buying a "special" version of any CD is beyond ridiculous.
To me, you all have valid points. I myself have been into them since 96/97, so I don't need to prove that I'm just as big a fan. But I've collected some things/re-releases just because of new packaging from other bands, so I can see why some people get things like that. I look at it this way also: I got the first 2 albums when they first came out, and MAYH when it came out in 98, and those original releases are getting hard to find, so it's cool in that way also, to say I have the first Century Black releases. But he's right on that one point...record companies do only put them out to squeeze as much money out of artists as they can. But if it helps Opeth financially in some way, that's what's really important! They deserve to get paid for the great albums they created.

I bought the morningise one even though I already had 2 copies of the album. I was curious to see what they were like and I had read they were limited. I'm not going to buy the other two though, they're nothing special.

I hate the Bonus Tracks (so out of place and terrible sounding), I don't understand the purpose of the "Tin Editions" nor do I understand why anyone would want it, and I REALLY FUCKING HATE DIGIPAKS. Everyone's using that shit now, and it just fucks up your CD stack. It's not a nicer presentation, stick to the standard Jewel Cases. Luckilly, none of my Opeth CD's are the digipak or tin version.

[/soapbox]

I have no problem with people buying other editions of the same album but it would be wise to purchase a cd from another band to be more well rounded. I'd rather buy a new cd from Hypocrisy than spend 15 dollars for a cd I've listened to a million times but in a different packaging.

What´s the big deal here? If ppl spend their money buying Opeth gear then they support Opeth. How can anyone be upset by that? You should praise them instead for supporting a band that actually need the money:tickled:

Sorry to drag this thread back up.. but to those who did buy the tin editions they already look to have at least doubled in value, having been a limited 2000 release and all.
They are being sold by two retailers on Amazon - used.
One is selling for $90, the other for $125.
I guess the people who bought them weren't actually so dumb after all? Quite the opposite. :p

EDIT: That was for the tin of Opeth's Orchid btw.

^ Yeah, cool bump. ;)

I have the first 2 Opeth tin releases I think they are wonderful but as the above poster states they have soared in value sooo I now have to find the extra dosh to purchase the MAYH tin for completions sake...

It really peeves me when people air their opinions on-line on what limited editions devoted fans want to spend their money on, tis none of your fucking business M8, OK!!!

Like the other above poster said, They fit nicely inside a jacket pocket, unlike the jewel cased versions....they, (The tinned release's) also double up as good body armour, walking around the mean streets of my town they're essential, scary huh? hehe. :D

Spread the gospel, Share the music, Opeth Rule OK!! :headbang:

GUYS, who have these tin pack editions, please, tell me its catalogue numbers. It must be written somwhere on the pack or on the disc itself. I BEG YOU!!!