If you could ask DT anything...

@Didl: You have to keep in mind that Martin could play the bass like a guitar, and that's not something easy from what i hear. ;)
A funny smell is a bad smell when you're trying to be polite, and it can also be a weird smell, depending on your interpretation. Imagine if they smelt like pineapple after every show? :Spin:

How complicated is the writing process?

Have you ever thought what it would be like if Mikael and Anders (Friden) switched bands for vocal positions (even if it was just one album)?

What has always been your fantasy gig?

The live versions of the Haven, Gallery and Mind's I albums sound more downtuned then their album counterparts. Did you downtune the songs intentionally, or just did it to fit in with the sound of the more recent albums?

And finally...

Are you just as confused as Peter Dovling on the issue of women douching in the States?

The live versions of the Haven, Gallery and Mind's I albums sound more downtuned then their album counterparts. Did you downtune the songs intentionally, or just did it to fit in with the sound of the more recent albums?

Most of the songs are written in C# tuning (i think that the Minds I is originally written in that tuning and thus sounds the same in concerts. But the Gallery was, if i remember correctly, in D#)...They always play the whole concerts in that tuning probabily so that they can use the same guitar all the time. Its easier than changing only for a song or 2.

Actually I think that Lethe sounds better in C# tuning than in its original one.

Does it bother you to be compared to In Flames all the time?
Do you think IF have become too soft on their last albums?
Are you jealous because of IF's success?
Do you get along well with IF?
Do you thing Anders Friden would still fit in your band?
Do you hate being questioned about IF all the time? :p

Does it bother you to be compared to In Flames all the time?
Do you think IF have become too soft on their last albums?
Are you jealous because of IF's success?
Do you get along well with IF?
Do you thing Anders Friden would still fit in your band?
Do you hate being questioned about IF all the time? :p

Matse, althought these questions are most intriguing, I asked Mikael something similar to this that never made the original interview and he did not favour this line of question...it's old hat and I refuse to have a plug taken out of my butt! :lol: Thanks though!!! Mikael did say that he was happy with his current configuaration and was not willing to change a thing.

I have an "old" question: Why did Martin H. started as a bassist for the band, and why did'nt he took over the guitar earlier (the time as Stanne changed to vocals). Instead, they recruited another guitar player back then (I know his name, but I can't spell him right).
It seems that Martin is a guitar-guy to the bone so I don't get why he missed two chances (band-formation and vacant position after Stanne took over the vocals) in the bands career to do just that: play the guitar!

Awesome question Didl!! :headbang: I love it!!!!

Id like to know whether their tour to Fiction in autumn this year will contain more songs from that album and which ones will they choose. Maybe you could also ask them if they like Master of Puppets, because I cant get that riff in Blind at Heart out of my head.

^ Hmmm funny, maybe DT became avid Metallica fans? I guess old Metallica hehe :p *wonders how the new Metallica album will be...*.

If Dt ever comes again, I'll make sure to be the one to do the interview. Then I'd ask them all these silly questions, like who can breath the most underwater or "do you hate or love the beach?" Or something hehe :p :rolleyes: .

Either

What do you think of In Flames musical direction?

What do you think of In Flames past few albums?

Actually right now, I would like to ask Mikael where I can find more music by Jennica Johansson who sang Everlost Part II on the Lunar Strain Album.
She has a great voice but I can't find anything about her on the internet.
Sorry if that post was too offtopic (Still wouldn't mind an answer if anyone has one :rolleyes: )

Either

What do you think of In Flames musical direction?

What do you think of In Flames past few albums?

Why would you ask DT that though? Dark Tranquillity are not in flames. Any question with In Flames in is just going to piss them off. Read fucking celebrity magazines if you want to hear all the latest gossip. Leave metal bands out of it.

I can answer the question for you. They will say "in flames are doing their own thing now, we went in one direction and they went in another." and they'll probably be angry that someone tried to provoke them in to slagging inflames off in the media.

the only question with inflames that should ever get asked to DT is "Do you ever get sick of being asked stupid fucking questions about inflames?"

Infact, ask them that. It'd be funny.

I just noticed they're on hellfest now... A festival I hope to be going to. Could ask them something like, what attracts them to play certain festivals and are they more inclined to accept an offer from a festival if there are other great bands on the list?

@KC: Thank you for saying that. I don't see any good reason why questions about In Flames always pop up when DT are concerned. It sounds like an attempt to either receive some indiscretion or have some pre-conceived theory confirmed ("I told you they were envious of their friends' success!" "I told you they thought IF had sold out!"). All things considered, it's becoming a worrying attitude: besides knowing each other and having briefly shared musicians a long time ago, there's nothing to connect the two bands any longer. Might as well inquire about Tiamat: they're from the same area as well, and they still share a (live) musician.

Not to mention that members of DT have already answered all possible IF-related questions in numerous interviews. :Smug:

Actually, it might be interesting to know how Brändström feels about his work for Tiamat compared to his contribution to DT. Are both equally interesting? Tiamat has become rather formulaic as of late with Johan Edlund seemingly stuck in the gothmetal-stereotypes. I'd suppose there's much more room for "artistic ambitions" in DT's music, but is there really a difference?

-Villain

You know, I heard the riff in Blind at Heart was more akin to something like Kalmah than Metallica.

More questions from the black lagoon...

Have you ever thought of doing joke songs for the hell of it, like Septic Broiler stuff?

Have you ever considered playing any Skydancer/Pre-Skydancer material in the near future?

What were the biggest influences for you when you were growing up?

The songs in the Pre-Mind's I era contain a lot of the old english dialect that reminds one of Shakespeare, did you get your lyrical inspirations from Shakespeare, or from some other Rennaissance writer, or any writer in paticular?