If you could decide.....

Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
.....which 2 bands would accompany PQ on a headline UK club tour....who would you choose?

Bear in mind that obviously we couldn't have bands like Helloween etc but I'd be very interested to hear your opinions guys!:headbang:

Bal-Sagoth!!! :D I think they're organising a tour at the minute. I know they're not exactly power metal though.

I'd like to see Metalloid get some decent touring done. I saw them live a few weeks ago at a club in Derby and i'm seeing them in Nottingham tomorrow. I mentioned them before Steve, they have Pete from Threshold/Soliloquy.

I'd also love to see Sabaton and Heavenly live over here.

Freedom Call, definately. I fucking love FC and would love to see them on a UK tour, though I dunno if they'd be too big for support.

Other bands off the top of my head... Altaria, Dragonland, Edge of Thorns (not sure if they're still around...), I would say Elvenking but not sure if they're too big?, Falconer, Iron Fire, Iron Saviour, Mercenary, Zonata... any of those bands would definately be cool, from a PM perspective. Most are fairly small but play awesome music ! Especially Altaria, though they've changed singer recently.

What about Timeless Miracle? Great melodic power metal, and they need more recognition, especially with their second album coming out this year... or Cloudscape! Awesome progressive power metal, third album coming out later this year..

Some decent shouts:
Season's End - 1 vg album, never seen them live
Intense - saw them in 2002 or so, never listened to an album but enjoyed their set
Rise to Addiction - 1 vg album, never seen live either. Feature 2 ex-members of BLAZE

Threshold are too big (without being Helloween massive) and Masterplan would probably see themselves as too big despite hardly touching these shores

But at the same time would like to see some decent up and coming bands, eg had personally never heard of Soliquoy until I saw them at Weston-Super-Mare suppoting PQ and throughly enjoyed the set

Had a thought about FourWayKill, completly different styles but that way Chris Neighbour could come on and do his backing vocals on The Vigil (and the odd bit on MOI)