If you could decide.....

Would you guys, given the choice, prefer an all out power metal package or would you prefer a varied bill?
For me personally, that'd depend entirely on which bands were being proposed. I like many different styles in metal, but particular bands do things better than others. For example I wouldn't want to see PQ with a thrash band. Maybe a folk or prog metal band.

The problem with bringing in bands of other genres is that a lot of fans are completely narrow minded when it comes to power metal and that could create a divide of sorts in the audience. There are exceptions, I suppose it depended on the band and their style of music.

I've always thought a Power Metal/Melodic Death Metal show would go down a treat, but most MeloDeath fans hate PM, and vice versa :-/

The problem with bringing in bands of other genres is that a lot of fans are completely narrow minded when it comes to power metal and that could create a divide of sorts in the audience. There are exceptions, I suppose it depended on the band and their style of music.

I've always thought a Power Metal/Melodic Death Metal show would go down a treat, but most MeloDeath fans hate PM, and vice versa :-/

Yeah I can't stand melodeath :lol: But I do love proper death metal.

In response to Steve's question, it does all depend on the bands. If you were playing with Bal-Sagoth, then genres really wouldn't matter to me! Most PQ fans will be fans of other power metal bands though, and if you're playing with fellow big name outfits, it may draw a number of other fans to the gigs and it's likely that they'd like you material.

On the other hand, a variety of genres would attract a variety of fans, and potentially more than if it were just power metal.

Personally, genre doesn't matter to me as long as the bands are good!

I can't speak for all but surely most of us have gone through a musical progression as we've grown older?

I used to love black metal, death metal and grindcore.

But now im more focussed on classic metal, speed metal, power metal, neo-classical metal, 80s metal, classic balls-out rock, instrumental/virtuoso stuff.

I still have a listen to the old extreme bands though, would be pretty good to see a mix at a gig.

I tend to judge bands on whether they're any good or not, rather than what syle of music they play. So I'd be just as happy to see you guys play with a decent black metal band as with a mediocre power metal band. So it depends entirely the bands, as other people have said. As long as they can play, it's all good.

I would say come to Ipswich, but that's unlikely, so get to Norwich instead :D the UEA/Waterfront are both decent places to play (Am seeing ol' Dragonforce/Turisas at the UEA later this year, and saw Soilwork/Dark Tranquillity/Caliban/Sonic Syndicate at the Waterfront a few months back).

OXFORD!!!!!! or places near. That'd be sweet :headbang:

I know DF are doing a warm up show in Oxford but i'm not sure whether to go based on the live reviews i've read. it also depends if they play a lot of new stuff cos i don't know how good it will be... i hope it will be as awesome as ever.

I always respected and appreciate PQ hitting the slightly smaller/lesser known locations like Bradford, Poole etc. I know the label is going to want BIG crowd attendance to get maximum exposure and all that jazz but still it'd be cool if PQ kept to their roots - Southhampton will get a tour date i'm sure!

Hopefully, Manchester will get a look in.

The Waterfront/UEA are the main two for Norwich... Waterfront is a smaller venue but there was still plenty of space as the Soilwork headlining gig I went to there. UEA is a bigger venue, its where DF are playing later in the year.