If you could decide.....

In Cardiff, there's the students union who have both a large hall and a smaller hall. I've seen DF, Machinehead and Motorhead there in the past. Or there's Clwb Ifor Bach, who had Turisas, Norther and Alestorm earlier this year. Contact Lyndsey at www.myspace.com/musiceventswales and she might be able to sort something out for you. Oh, and there's the coal exchange in the Bay where I've seen Arch Enemy. And the Point at the Bay also, it's a converted church and it's pretty stunning inside. There's definitely no shortage of places to play here!

Of course there's always the Millennium Stadium. I work there so maybe I'll put in a good word for you :p

even though you guys are getting big(ish), are the odd Southampton gigs likely?
Im probably going to uni at Winchester, which is just down the road, it would be pretty cool to pop on the bus to go see PowerQuest :)

I saw Alestorm at the Electric Ballroom in Camden earlier this year, was a pretty cool venue actually. Other than that i've only been to ' that one on Charing Cross Road/Tottenham Court Road... pretty popular... can't remember its name... begins with an E? Saw Wolfsbane there...' and 'a tiny tiny place where i saw Blaze Bayley Unplugged (:rofl:).. it was near picadilly circus and was actually a night club which wanted to branch out into gigs a bit...'.

I saw Alestorm at the Electric Ballroom in Camden earlier this year, was a pretty cool venue actually. Other than that i've only been to ' that one on Charing Cross Road/Tottenham Court Road... pretty popular... can't remember its name... begins with an E? Saw Wolfsbane there...' and 'a tiny tiny place where i saw Blaze Bayley Unplugged (:rofl:).. it was near picadilly circus and was actually a night club which wanted to branch out into gigs a bit...'.

That'd either be the Astoria or the Astoria 2.

Bristol - Fleece and Firkin (mostly have local bands and tribute groups but will occasionally have wider ranging groups play)
Bierkeller (DragonForce played there on Sonic Firestorm tour)
Carling Academy (least viable, reserved for the 'bigger bands' but do sometimes host surprises. DF played there on last tour and saw Terrorvision there on Friday)

Have become a bit more flexible as of today and would be able to travel a bit farther (passed driving test). At least that means I could drive to Weston-Super-Mare if you end up at Hobbits again, rather than relying on the train