If you were forum moderator for a day, what would you do?

S4R

gooey
Sep 7, 2001
.il.us
I'd make a few "changes" beginning with some people inhabiting the In Flames forum. I would also customize the forum, so a person could change their name without having to re-register, and of course I would burn the place down and kill the whole lot of ya!!

Actually I wouldn't change anything, I love it here just the way it is.

I'd go totally Andy Kaufman.

Everybody's signature would be changed to match S4R's "Go Banana!" for a few hours, them change back, and I'd deny that it ever happened.

Every once in awhile, the links to all the forums except one would disappear.

Some of the links would take you to random, strange websites (ZOMBO.COM!), then work fine again. HoserHellspawn would get banned form the site, then be reallowed admission, and some completely surreal reason would be given for the baning (it'd be an announcement)

Then, I'd leave Mark to clean the whole thing up the next day. :)

Originally posted by HoserHellspawn
Everybody's signature would be changed to match S4R's "Go Banana!" for a few hours, them change back, and I'd deny that it ever happened.

Every once in awhile, the links to all the forums except one would disappear.

Some of the links would take you to random, strange websites (ZOMBO.COM!), then work fine again. HoserHellspawn would get banned form the site, then be reallowed admission, and some completely surreal reason would be given for the baning (it'd be an announcement)

:lol: Mark, you listening? :tickled:

Originally posted by Towelie
Soul... where in chicago? I'm here at Northwestern University in Evanston...

When I am in the city I am usually at the corner of Belmont and Broadway in Metal Haven, my favorite record store.

Originally posted by Soul4Raziel
I would also customize the forum, so a person could change their name without having to re-register

Well, until then, you only need to PM me if you want your nick changed :)

Originally posted by Mark

Well, until then, you only need to PM me if you want your nick changed :)

I am fine with my name, but that is good to know. I would also like to add that you and your colleagues have done a wonderful job. Mark, what do you say you put my post count at, let's say 1200 ;) . :D I'll make it worth your while, I've got caulk, delicious caulk :lol:.

Originally posted by Towelie
sweet... i've been there! do you work there?

I don't work there but I am there often, look for a tall white guy with glasses and a Bears hat.

Well, I'm glad I ain't one .. I'm a moderator on an Iced Earth board and an admin on a Kreator board and that's just enough for me :)

If i where the inflames forum moderator i would put some of the most severe censorship to ever exist. Saying piss or crap would be an offence and not only does your words will appear like **** but also it would not let you post immediatly something like "You cannot post curse words more than 1 time per hour". I would also ban stupid abbreviations or modernism words that do not make sense. Maybe if the inflamers where forced to use the brain and the dictionary like we always do they would be more coherent and less annoying:D

I would definitely clean up the In Flames board. A lot of them are just a bunch of morons who can't speak coherantly. I'd ban all the morons, and have a bunch of people from this board go there. Maybe that would change it for the better.