What would you do?

MadeInNewJersey

nursing my wounds
Apr 15, 2002
The Ridge
www.discogs.com
So there's this new chick I've been seeing. And I use the term "seeing" loosely, because a) she's a head case, and b) compromise doesn't seem to be a word that is familiar to her vocabulary.

At any rate, Christmas Eve is tomorrow night, and obviously Christmas is Sunday. Now Christmas Eve is a big deal to both our respective families (the Italian thing), so no big deal. But for me, Christmas is a pretty low-key deal, basically just me & my folks, maybe my grandparents if they're feeling up to it. She has to go down to her grandmother's, maybe 40 minutes away, but we just got off the phone, and she's basically said "there isn't anything she can do." I understood about the whole family thing and whatnot, but it's not like she couldn't get in her car and come spend some time with me on Christmas night, after the whole fucking holiday thing is done with. But nope, she won't even entertain the thought.

I'm a bit put off by that, especially since I went out of my way today to go get her 2 pretty nice gifts that I was hoping to give to her at some point.

There's a long backstory to this, that I don't feel like going into, but the girl doesn't exactly make herself available very often. It's quite trying, and truth be told, I don't really have the patience for this nonsense.

So should I just suck it up and be MORE understanding, or should I cut my losses early (before it's a more serious relationship) and say, see ya?

What say you RC Forum?

:lol: - I *like* the name, dammit.

I only say "loosely" seeing her, because we've only seen each other like, 6 times in the past 6 weeks! Her doing, not mine. But because we've boned, she is insisting we're in a relationship, and that she's my "girlfriend."

I don't think I roll that way.

Firstly, I prefer "Markgugs". I dunno, call me traditional. :loco: Likewise, it's time now that J goes back to Dreamlord and Mr X goes back to NAD.

Secondly, is this girl staying the night at her folks on Christmas? Or is she going home to an empty apartment. Yeah, I can see why it seems odd for two people who are in some kind of relationship to be separate on xmas, especially where each are staying at home, watching movies etc.

well, I can offer this story ... the chick I just called it quits with, she anounced last month that she is going home to Ohio for the holidays for a WEEK to spend with her parents. Now mind you this chick, was really into me and never asked me for my opinion about this or asked, "hey, asshole, how do you feel about this?" .. considering there is also a wedding (tonight) we were both invited to and the fact that it would have been nice to spend the holidays with someone.

just one of many things that made her my ex ...

one thing I hate is "me me me" people ... fuck

JayKeeley said:
Firstly, I prefer "Markgugs". I dunno, call me traditional. :loco: Likewise, it's time now that J goes back to Dreamlord and Mr X goes back to NAD.

Secondly, is this girl staying the night at her folks on Christmas? Or is she going home to an empty apartment. Yeah, I can see why it seems odd for two people who are in some kind of relationship to be separate on xmas, especially where each are staying at home, watching movies etc.

I was tired of being markgugs! :cry:

Anyway, she oddly didn't answer that very question Ali. I'LL be home, chillin', but she made it sound like she "couldn't" leave her grandparents. And she lives at home w/ mommy & daddy (she's 33, btw). Like I said, it's a long story, and not one that belongs on RC, but let it just suffice to say that I don't really hold it against her that she still lives at home. She dealt with some rough shit over the past few years and stayed with them as a result.

lurch70 said:
sorry ... my advice is ... move on ... trouble ahead

I'm leaning your way lurch...

I'm just kind of pissed about the whole thing. Is it wrong for me to feel somewhat disrespected that she can't find ANY way to compromise? It's like she's not interested in making me any sort of priority, around the holidays or otherwise.

It is certainly possible that I'm simply being hyper-sensitive to the entire situation, but I tend to trust my gut instinct.

if you think she is worth it duke it out with her ... otherwise ...

personally I am in the settling down mode right now, if I see no future with someone, I am no longer wasting my time with games or trying to fix something ... unless I really think they are worht it.

lurch70 said:
if you think she is worth it duke it out with her ... otherwise ...

personally I am in the settling down mode right now, if I see no future with someone, I am no longer wasting my time with games or trying to fix something ... unless I really think they are worht it.

Right! That's exactly it.

I don't have the time or patience to just putz around in a go-nowhere relationship. Either I see signs that it's the right woman, or the tramp can begone.

When I saw the title of this thread I automatically thought of that show that used to be on Nickelodeon. "W-w-what would you do?"

No way, fuck that! Keep the pussy around!!! It sounds to me like you are getting attached and actually want more of a "relationship" with her though. I, personally, would just go with the flow, let her do her thing, I do mine, and keep the punani around. You always need contingency pussy if your single and need to get your dick wet. Quit probing and getting all emotional over something that isn;t even that serious yet. Just go with the flow holmes.

CAUTION: We are losing 'Gugs.