Im a noob so.......

Originally posted by Kaberonie
Maybe only experienced Opeth fans can appreciate it to the fullest.

Jesus fucking Christ, stop with this bullshit elitism. It's really annoying. Contrary to popular belief, it doesn't take a fucking Master's Degree in music to appreciate an Opeth album.

Originally posted by Horgh
Jesus fucking Christ, stop with this bullshit elitism. It's really annoying. Contrary to popular belief, it doesn't take a fucking Master's Degree in music to appreciate an Opeth album.

:) yes.

Originally posted by Horgh

There's no elitism here. :rolleyes:

The fact that he was so intent on having the thread starter NON get SL surprised me, because someone who appreciated all the band does would definitely like the album.

I prefer all others to that one, what's the fucking deal? I'm recommending BWP + MAYH because I think they're better!

Thanks....I worked my ass of for that.

And hey, I just thought you were putting down the album. Simple misunderstanding.

I recommended BWP and MAYH just as you did.
Its all good.

The fact that he was so intent on having the thread starter NON get SL surprised me, because someone who appreciated all the band does would definitely like the album.

And he doesn't. Some people dislike BWP, others dislike Deliverance, and yet other people dislike Morningrise/Orchid. Why is it that unusual? Just because he considers himself a fan of Opeth doesn't mean he has to like all their albums.

Personally, I'm not a fan of their early stuff. They have some good concepts, and Orchid is good listening once in a while, but their later albums are the ones I return to the most. Morningrise, I can't stand because of the shit production that makes everything sound so hollow.

Originally posted by Bleakest Harvest
Actually, Dan Swano produced Morningrise!

Actually, to my knowledge, it was produced by the band in Swano's studio. Swano only produced Orchid.