I'm baking bread!

Erik

New Metal Member
Oct 10, 2001
southernmost voyage
I've never baked bread before! I fuckin tire of buying bread from the store that is practically stale the moment you fucking get it home. I used beer instead of milk or water because I had this can of worthless low alcohol beer that had been sitting in the fridge for weeks because it is pretty much completely undrinkable swill so, thought I, INTO THE OVENS with it :kickass:

DO YOU BAKE YOUR OWN BREAD?

i once made BEER BREAD. yes, it's true. it was some mix thingy, you take your favorite beer and mix them shitz together, then cook them shitz. it was pretty good.

Lur said:
i once made BEER BREAD. yes, it's true. it was some mix thingy, you take your favorite beer and mix them shitz together, then cook them shitz. it was pretty good.
Having beer in bread is pretty common, I only did it because I wanted to get rid of that useless can of crap beer though, usually pouring stouts and shit into beer can make some pretty nice bread I think, but then, if it's good beer, you have to ask yourself if you'd rather not drink it :S

Erik said:
No! And I don't have half of the required BAKING IMPLEMENTS so I must improvise, but you know, necessity is the mother of invention
yeast-breadmachine.jpg

skillet.jpg

B000003C4K.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Erik said:
Having beer in bread is pretty common, I only did it because I wanted to get rid of that useless can of crap beer though, usually pouring stouts and shit into beer can make some pretty nice bread I think, but then, if it's good beer, you have to ask yourself if you'd rather not drink it :S
yeah, i figured what with the yeast and all. i just couldn't stop headbanging when my mom bought me a box of shitz that said BEER BREAD on it.

i think i used a White Hawk IPA, i don't remember though.

lizard said:
Tully, how are your culinary skills, or are you subsisting on spaghetti-Os and grilled cheese sandwiches.

I've recently started honing my culinary skills. Most of the time I try to take cheap shit (Ramen, Kraft, Velveta shells, etc) and turn it into somthing pretty good. Next thing I'm gonna do is make a cheesecake though, not to hard but pretty satisfying.