Opeth & Booze

Don't drink. Simple, and cheap. Well, of course I drink, but not that kind of drink.

Primus haha, I think that is the cheap stuff no?
My brother and friends all drink that, the names are great for cheap booze too, Primus, Lynx, Orangeboom and so on...

dcat said:
If I have the honour of meeting the Guys that are Opeth in London next week, 30th, I will try to introduce them to the English real ale known as "Fullers London Pride."

However, years and years ago when I used to hang in the "Hard Rock Cafe" at Hyde Park Corner London, all I drank in there was, "Carlsberg 68," Mmmm very nice. :D

I think it has now all gone, correct me if this is wrong.

I have now aquired the taste for English Real Ale.

Give it a go if your ever over here friends across the pond and in Europe.

Cheers and Good Health to you all. :headbang:

Mate I love London Pride and all real ales. We definately need to meet and discuss beer, lol. You ever tried Doombar? In my opinion the best beer around.

NickFBM said:
Mate I love London Pride and all real ales. We definately need to meet and discuss beer, lol. You ever tried Doombar? In my opinion the best beer around.

Oh yes, I like Doombar :D

When it come's around, not always available in the West Country. :(

I get by on, "Old Porter," hehe.

Have you tried Banks Brewery's "Cotswold Way?"

I went to a Carling music festival here in the UK... and all we had was cases of Carling. Carling = over carbonated English piss. On the last night someone left us with a case of Carlsberg. It was heaven!!!! That's the only night I could actually bear the beer enough to get properly hammered!

Guinness is great, even though people give me funny looks for drinking the black sludge. It seems somewhat unfashionable. No idea why!

London Pride is goood! I prefer it to drinking lagers all the time, and it's the main beer sold at my local drinking hole.

I'm gonna buy a beer brewing kit from the shop I work at. £12 with staff discount and comes with 10 pints worth of stuff.

Brewzer 10pt Mini Brewery
By following the easy step-by-step instructions, this neat mini brewery uses Miracle Beer powder to make 10 pints of your favourite beer. Just add water!

Click below for preferred beer style:

Bitter ABV 4.5%

Lager ABV 4.5%

IPA ABV 4.5%

Stout ABV 4.5%
Brewz_box.jpg

I'll brew it in time for Christmas! By the way does anyone know what the hell IPA beer is? I had a pint and it was SO bad. It was like watered down vinegar!

Carlsberg is what they had on their bus. I had never heard of it and I didn't know that was Mike's favorite. Axenrot gave me a couple of them, but to me beer is beer :-/

Haven't seen Carlsburg in the US. A lot of the time the Euro beers aren't fresh. Last time I got a six pack of Heinekens they were all skunky.

Beers I enjoy:
Guiness
Labatt Blue
Augsburger
Killian's Irish Red
Bell's

There are lots of microbrews of varying quality. So many beers. I try to keep count of how many I've had. I'm around 40 now.

By the way does anyone know what the hell IPA beer is? I had a pint and it was SO bad. It was like watered down vinegar!

Hi Ollie,

IPA = Indian Pale Ale.

We used to use it for brown and light ale splits in the 70's, hehe.

Dreadful stuff to drink neat!!

Cheers.

I love Greene King IPA, but perhaps im a tad odd, ok I am a tad odd, lol. I havent tried the Cotswold Way, which is odd as I live in the Cotswolds.

We have Arkells round here which tastes like piss however well it is kept. God I love chatting aboot beer.

Olllie said:
Yes that's the bugger. AWFUL!!! I didn't you could get beer so undrinkably bad!

You see I could/have drink/drunk IPA all day. It's a really hoppy beer, I introduced my friend to it and he loves it also now. Perhapaps there is something in the water down Gloucester way, who knows.

Oh, its cheap here anyway I think. Another one my brother reminded me of that he drinks a lot is Excelsior. Best name for urine in a bottle yet!