Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wildcat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'LL LET you decide for these 2

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • and this one

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
great question.. it's something people feel passionately about, like music or wine or road kill.

Anyway, micro-breweries fuckin rock! Like Sleeman.

My fav beer is called Waterloo Dark from a company called brick out of waterloo ontario. It's bold and yet clean for a dark beer.

I'm rambling incoherently, must be the ganja.

Satori

Karhu: tosi metallimiehen olut!

(Pardon the French!)

[edit]
I just wanted to say that, apart from the Finnish lager mentioned above (Karhu), I like Kilkenny, Guinness and Velkopopovicky (spelling? :p).
[/edit]

Whoa... the options are saturated with really commercial Canadian beer. (Some quite watered-down, yes... but it could be worse, could be American beer...)

There's a brewing company based on Granville Island that makes a really nice honey lager (Sleeman is good, too) ... I'm not a HUGE beerdrinker, to be honest, but it's gotta be cold, dammit! Now who are the people who like their beer room temperature, again?

Originally posted by HoserHellspawn
Now who are the people who like their beer room temperature, again?

*cough*
Well, at times.

Isn't there a French saying: "How can you tell the difference between English beer and sauce? - Sauce is the cold stuff."

Guinness is hands-down my favourite...by far the best "meal beer" in my opinion (you can interpret that as "meal in a can" or "good with a meal")..

In Halifax, I drink a LOT of Keith's (local).. and Clancy's, which I think is Microbrewed. Sleeman's is good, and when it all comes down to it, Canadian won't kill me. And I DO love the rant. Those beer guys are masters of marketing.

I'll say I strongly dislike Hoegaarden, if anyone knows what it is.. I could barely finish 14oz of it.. tastes like fermented bananas, and looks suspiciously like urine...

Lapin Kulta is originally finnish, but was introduced on the swedish market 1-3 years ago. Norrlands Guld (which is a swedish translation/interpretation of the finnish 'lapin kulta') is a whole other beer, they just stole the idea and translated it to swedish.

Are those all weak American beers? American beer is piss, USA Bud is nowhere near as good as its german counterpart. Great ads, shame about the beer.

Best beers IMO:

1. Carlsberg Export Lager (German - 4%abv)
2. Guiness Stout - (Irleand, cant remember how strong)
3. Stella Artois Lager (UK - 5.2%)
4. Tetleys Bitter (UK, about 4%)

Not specificaly in that order.