I'm Getting a Tattoo.

I would recommend getting a fairly good picture of her and then determining any sort of symbolism that you would associate with her. Right out your ideas and how visualize them. Let's say you wanted a less "realistic" view but something that was decidedly her, feline, and perhaps association of your love for her. Maybe a moon worked into it. if you have a good pic of her face, you could have like grass spreading and her face peering from the opening. Sometimes a bit abstract makes for a better tattoo while honoring the emotion and association

You're creepy. I was thinking moon too.

I like the abstract idea a lot. I think I want it on the inside of my wrist so it can't be too big. I don't want anything plain or something that looks like I just picked a cat off of the wall of the tattoo shop.

I have weird associations. Feline and feminine, which the moon is associated with as well. You might have a hard time with something too detailed on the wrist... but a good artist might be able to superimpose a profile of your cat (in strong but not overly detailed lines) with a moon or balance them in a piece of art

Have a cat sitting on the moon, only the cat is almost as tall. And have the cat's tail be wrapped around the moon.

I can picture it but I can't draw it.

I think that if you can't think of something you really want on your own, you probably shouldn't be getting a tattoo. Getting one just for the sake of having it seems silly.

But maybe that's just me.

Knowing a concept you want and having an exact image of how it will look are very different when it comes to tattoos. For one thing, unless you are a tattoo artist of merit, you won't be able to translate the idea perfectly. She knows what she wants, she just has to develop it. That's what a good tattoo artist does. Brings to life ideas into a specific medium. Which is why having a very good artist is the highest necessity. But a good artist will turn an idea into something even more amazing, most often. Her motivation seems about her cat more than the tattoo, and that strikes me as a very good reason.

I know what I want. I'm not a very artsy person and I just couldn't think of a way to incorporate "cat" into a tattoo that wasn't just ....a cat. I would never run out and get something permanent just on a whim, I'm not a fucking idiot. Chill.

Necromunchkin is thinking along the same lines as I am, which is getting me thinking about all sorts of nifty ideas. I know a very good tattoo artist so I'll be getting it from him. He works in a lot of black and grey, which is what I want and has had the same shop for 20 years.

Also, one of my best friends has offered to design it for me. He understands me very well and has plenty of his own tattoos so I know he'll make something amazing. If you're reading this Paul - no fucking cat with angel wings or old english lettering! I am not a Mexican.