I'm Getting a Tattoo.

{{{BWN}}}} I was so sad when I heard your story. A special person read it to me, then realized that it has made me cry (duh). Today is the 11 month anni of losing my precious girl. At the six month mark, I got this tattoo:

DSC02534.jpg

This was a fresh pic, and I look like hell, but I love the tattoo. I actually wish it was more visible now that I have it. This is the shoulder she rode on every morning from my dresser to the food. I had always admired the symbol in a book called "Cats of Cairo" and after contacting the author of the book, an Egyptian calligraphy dude, and a friend in Saudi Arabia, all was confirmed that the symbol itself was a calligraphy form of the word "cat" in Arabic (similar to "qitt", it is on me for life, as my girl will be in my heart forever. Best wishes to you.

Gina
cap_046.jpg

Gina -

I absolutely love your tattoo, there's no better reason to get one. I can't wait to see the design that my friend comes up with. Yours is really unique and holds great sentiment I'm sure. I know you, like me, will love and cherish the memories of your little girl forever and have a permanent and neat lil way of having your kitty looking over you always.

I'm sorry for your loss too, it's the hardest damn thing.

This is something completely out of my realm of thinking.

Mine too. I find myself truly naked all the damn time, physically and emotionally - despite of my several tattoos. I find it entirely weird that you say that. In the most basic, just your birthday suit sense, I suppose I can never be naked it again, but that's a pretty dumb way of conceiving the entire situation.* I'm fond of body art, not for false reasons but just because I like it. Obviously it takes a more permanent form than choosing specific clothes to wear, but I do see the sentiments in the choice to be similar.

Moreover, if people want tattoos and enjoy them - that's their damn choice. Even if they are cliched, contrived, stupid or ugly.

*Still love you, though. :p

Also, I hope you get something nice dear wife. :)

I just don't see people with tattoos to have the same vulnerability and openness as those without. Like they're hiding behind something.

I don't have anything against people with tattoos, but I wouldn't get one myself.

And I know I overthink everything.

Gina -

I absolutely love your tattoo, there's no better reason to get one. I can't wait to see the design that my friend comes up with. Yours is really unique and holds great sentiment I'm sure. I know you, like me, will love and cherish the memories of your little girl forever and have a permanent and neat lil way of having your kitty looking over you always.

I'm sorry for your loss too, it's the hardest damn thing.

Thank you. It's strange, but I knew I wanted that symbol right away. I think I always thought it would be a good tattoo, but never really had a reason to get one. I'm afraid of needles and such, but decided that nothing could possibly hurt as badly as losing her. So I thought about her the whole time, it didn't hurt, and only a couple tears slipped down my face. That artist was really understanding about it too - even though I felt kind of weird when he told me that the tattoo on his neck was for his brother who died in Iraq. It seems hard to compare the two... but... well, he understood. He also had a picture of himself and Dimebag Darrell on his wall. (neither here nor there).

My sister got a tattoo last week, in "honor" of her divorce. It has a lot of meaning as well. A blue and pink butterfly for her little boy and her little girl, and four flowers under them representing the little ones she lost.

Life sometimes just sucks. :(

yeah, like those people who continually have to try to tattoo over their ex-boyfriend's/girlfriend's names to make room for the next one? LOL. I'll never regret mine, but I am glad I didn't get a big "FTW" one when I was 18 :p

yeah, like those people who continually have to try to tattoo over their ex-boyfriend's/girlfriend's names to make room for the next one? LOL. I'll never regret mine, but I am glad I didn't get a big "FTW" one when I was 18 :p

LOL I'd be covered in tattoos by now. Or a gigantic mural to cover all the names.

I've been wanting the clock from this book (my favorite book) on my arm for about 7 years. I figure that's long enough to know that I won't get sick of it. It's an antique clock with a shattered face ...it sort of represents shattering the idea of linear time to me, or that time doesn't matter. I'd like to get that as well someday.

I'm still thinking something based on my lineage, but, I sard to ever do anything toward actually getting one.