I'm gonna shit on this table!

EricT

Don't you ever get...
Aug 25, 2005
Lost In Necropolis
Back from San Francisco now.

Was an amusing weekend. Got in the city around 2 and met Isabel (after probably passing her up 6 times wondering around randomly) and dropped off my shit in Rueben's room and we took a trip down to Amoeba where I finally got to pick up a copy of Horned Almighty's Black Metal Jesus vinyl.

Sat around their house for a little while then we went out for a bit. Met some of the people Isabel goes to school with, and I really feel sorry for her that she has to subject to some of these people. This one chick was just sitting there and she annoyed the hell outta me. Just by sitting there. Watched They Live, which is always awesome. Then went back and I crashed on Rueben's floor dreaming of groping his jew testiclites.

Woke up, went down to Amoeba again while Isabel did some homework. Came back, sat around for a few then Lesa (I hope I spelled it right!) and Justin showed up. Piled in Lesa's car and went to Concord to see Death Angel.

After some random driving around, got to the shitty little bar venue, perfect place for a thrash concert. Met up with Andrew (Thanks again), and piled inside. Fog of War played first and they were fairly amusing. Then JBD (Was that their name?) came on, which me and Andrew agreed sounded like a really awful Pantera cover band. Next was The Miserables. Slipknot v.2.

Death Angel then came on and blew me the fuck away once again. Setlist wasn't suprising, Evil Priest, Bored, Thrown to the Wolves, etc. They did confirm a new CD coming in 2007 and may or may not have played a bit of a new song (no vocals, it may have just been a jam while Mark's always drunk ass was getting ready for the encore). Either way, it kicked ass.

Went to Denny's in Concord after. There was a group of drunkards inside, islanders of some sort. They kept screaming "SYSTEM OF A DOWN!!!!!" and "BLACK LABEL!!!!" at us. Went outside to smoke and the main drunkard started talking about 'Lame of God' (I'm stealing it...) to me. He was so drunk I agreed with what he said and scurryed back in. Came back in and ate my food while this Islander, displeased with a waiters joke, about 2 hands and a dick, started screaming about how he was going to shit on the table. Thus the thread name.

"Listen up motherfuckers! I'm gonna leave a fucking tip, but I'm gonna shit on this table! I'm gonna shit on this table!"

Later after paying, and right before exiting, a fight broke out between those drunkards and some black people in the corridor, leading inside the Denny's and into our area. Someone knocked off and broke Justin's glasses, spent a while looking for them, but they were probably stolen as everyone who was in the fighting parties scurryed out before the cops arrived.

Lesa drove home and I was afraid for my life and found calm thoughts in thinking of my savior Jesus Christ. (Not really, hahah. She didn't kill us!).

Woke up the next afternoon, and sat around for a few and went to the Fillmore. Blind Guardian review I posted in another thread, so I'll just copy and paste it here:

Got to the venue and talked with random people for a while. Went in... claimed my front spot (twice actually...) waited for what seemed like forever, then Leaves Eyes finally came on.

Liv is annoying.

Electronic Drum Kits with several triggers are gay.

Piano and synth tracks not being actually played, but instead just a lousy recording, when they are a large part of your songs are also gay.

Liv is gay.

Thats all I have to say.

Then another seemingly long wait. Then finally the lights turned off and the...

War of the Wrath

...Began. I had been waiting for this for nearly 5 years. Was so gitty. They then blasted...

Into the Storm

... My first reaction: "Why the fuck can't I hear the guitars?!" They were very low behind the drums.

Couldn't hear the guitars for the next few songs, and everyone was screaming about turning them up, and they progressively got a little bit louder till I could finally hear the lead being played. The rest of the setlist (I think its in the right order, Isabel has the setlist I snatched so she can correct me later) :

Born in a Mourning Hall
Nightfall
Script for my Requiem
Fly
Bright Eyes
Valhalla (After the song was so great as we chanted "Valhalla, Deliverance, Why've you forgotten me! for about 5 minutes until the band, in laughter, cut us off so they could finish the set. Most awesome concert experience ever.)
Time Stands Still (AAAAT THE IRON HILL!!!)
A Past and Future Secret
Another Stranger Me
Ashes to Ashes (ZOMG! This song I was not expecting at all. I didn't even dream of it. I believe they said it was the first time played in America, too.)
...And Then There Was Silence

People actually left after ATTWS I noticed. Idiots. The encore after the long "Guardian" chant:

Imaginations From the Other Side
Bards Song (Almost everyone in the venue was singing along, but this douche next to me in the front didn't know the lyrics and he was trying but very loudly instead of just mouthing them or some inconspicious, I gave him the dirtiest looks.)
Mirror-Mirror

Awesome fucking set. I wanna see it again soon, and not have to wait another 4 years.

After BG, went home and kept Isabel up for a while, as Lesa and Justin were leaving (Thanks for the drawing Lesa, I'll be hanging it up on my wall. Its awesome!). Then crashed in Rueben's Room... fondling him gently as the night 'came' and went.

Woke up the next afternoon, put my shit in my bag, grabbed all my crap (I think), and sat on Isabel's computer for a while looking at all the Steven Wilson donkey show videos she has on her hard drive. You'd be amazed at what that guy can do to a fuckin donkey. She came home from school, I left a few minutes later. Got hassled at the airport for my Sodom shirt and my Black Metal Jesus, but I still got on the plane (that was delayed), and came home.

So, how was everyone elses weekend?

Reactions: derek
EricT said:
Sat around their house for a little while then we went out for a bit. Met some of the people Isabel goes to school with, and I really feel sorry for her that she has to subject to some of these people. This one chick was just sitting there and she annoyed the hell outta me. Just by sitting there.

I fucking told you so.

I did not heed your warning so well... Especially annoying when laying on the floor and some try to start conversation with me, heh.

"Whats it like in Utah?"
"You've asked this 20 times now... let me enjoy my laying"
"Okay... So whats it like in Utah?"

awesome recap of the weekend, Eric! It made me giggle out loud :D

Don't forget...the reason why the drunk dude made such a scene was because he announced that he needed assistance in the bathroom, and the waiter said
"why? Did you need to hold your dick with both hands, dude?"

:lol:
That waiter man was my heeero *swooon*

Twas nice meeting you, btw! Glad you liked the drawing! :wave:
Arrgh! I'm sick as hell, now...damn you ill people to hell!

OH! I took about 120 photos on the balcony...some turned out nicely!

I'll post the good ones in a few days.

I too thought I would get sick from all the people who were ill with some plague or another at the concert. But luckily I killed it off with Single-Malt Scotch.

hehe, awesome..
I've been downing this nasty Yin Chao complex...tastes like liqueur, but it works as a preventative measure

I've given up drinking, for the time being. I could not feel worse after the debauchery of last night.

Glad you had a good weekend though, Eric.