ok, so like...

This morning I woke up with the most brutal of brutal hangovers... and now I have to go to work in a bit (when my ride decides he wants to get the fuck outta the house... any fucking day now...).

Todays gonna be fun!

And karen, eat a fucking cheesesteak... nooooooooooow! Any cheesesteak will work, just drive!

I think playing Book of Thel for the rest of the staff after we were all done was a better idea.

Damn... I wish I saw this thread yesterday. I had a sweet day; a saw Al Di Meola in concert at Berklee up in Boston. GREAT show!

Lord of Metal said:
Easily the best decision out of anyone in this thread.

that's why I had to mention it!

Ziggy Stardust
Man Who Sold The World
Low ( I had never heard this one before OH WOW ! ... seriously wow!)
I started to listen to Diamond Dogs but got distracted after the first song and went and did something else

Dead_Lioness said:
I've never had cheesesteak in my entire life.
(sure, I've had many sandwiches with steak and CHEESE in them,
but I'm talking about Philie cheese steak)

no reason, just never got to a point in mylife where cheesesteak was a choise.
I need to try that soon.

I actually had it one time back in 2000, but I remember nasty things about it.
So that doesn't count.
Same here, and they sound super awesome. I've always avoided them because of the onions (I LOATHE onions), but some of my friends have enlightened me to a place around here where you can get them without, so it shouldn't be long before I try one of them shits.

This weekend has been all right. Friday was a really stupid day at work so I wasn't happy at all, and I had to get up way early on Saturday morning, which meant going to bed early on Friday. I did make some Tater Tot Casserole for dinner, so that was cool.

So Saturday I get up at 6:30am and leave. Put some gas in my truck and drive down to my parents' house. My dad and I went and played in a golf tournament at our golf course. My dad tied for first and I did pretty badly. I started off good, all my tee shots were straight and long, but my short game has been struggling lately. I played the first 5 holes really well (pars and a bogey), and then the wheels fell off big time with a couple 7's, two 8's and a 12!!! First time I've ever had a 12 on one hole. I wanted to quit for the day. But I pulled to gether towards the end and played very well again. Ended witha couple pars, so that gives me enough reason to go out and keep playing heh. We teed off at 8am and were done by about 12:30. Went into the clubhouse and had a free Grilled Sourdough cheeseburger with bacon and some potato chips. That ruled.

Went home and watched the Huskies/USC game and was pleased with how well the Huskies did against the #2 in the country on their home turf. Then I drove home and had a quick sesh of my own and then it was off to a softball game. One really awesome thing about this Fall is that I signed up for a Fall softball league at work, so I play every Saturday. It's just a co-ed beer league that no one takes seriously. I played baseball all through my childhood until was about 19, so I picked up softball super easily. The team we played against looked like a team that played competitvely during the spring and summer and signed up for beer leagues to stay fresh in the fall. These guys KICKED THE SHIT OUT OF US, but it's still fun to get out there and run around and catch fly balls.

My first at bat, I don't think those jerkies on the other team were expecting me to crush a two-run triple over the outfielders head. Goddamn that felt good. I played really well and had lots of hits and RBIs but they still walloped us.

Came home after the game and slept for about 2 hours since I was so tired and worm out, and then I got up and went and did my radio show. Once I got home at 3am I went straight to bed.

It's now 3:40pm and I just woke up 40 minutes ago. 12 hours of sleep! THAT is what I'm talkin about! Now I'm gonna order a pizza, drink some beers and clean my bathroom. Probably sit here and play counter-strike in the between time.

I love you.

Chromatose said:
that's why I had to mention it!

Ziggy Stardust
Man Who Sold The World
Low ( I had never heard this one before OH WOW ! ... seriously wow!)
I started to listen to Diamond Dogs but got distracted after the first song and went and did something else

I love Bowie so much. I actually have yet to hear the Berlin trilogy, but music doesn't get much better than Station to Station, Scary Monsters, Ziggy Stardust, and The Man Who Sold the World.